Wednesday, September 7, 2022

NFL Preview...And Other Stuff

Good evening once again. I just finished what was a rather underwhelming episode of Dynamite considering what I talked about in my prior post and all the drama surrounding the fallout from All-Out. We did get to see MJF and we even were teased a face turn, then out came Jon Moxley, who said he was full of crap. Alas, he was, because MJF went full asshole for the remainder of the segment before storming off like a petulant four-year old. Moxley then cut an impassioned promo about what the AEW Championship meant to him and that industry. Speaking of which, there will be a tournament to deterine the champion, which will be crowned in two weeks at Arthur Ashe Stadium. 

But enough about wrestling, tomorrow is kinda like Christmas morning, or the first night of Hannukah, depending on if you observe/celebrate either. The NFL season gets underway with a potential Super Bowl LVII™ matchup between the Buffalo Bills and defending champion Los Angeles Rams. I think both these teams will be in the playoffs, although I don't exactly know why hardly anyone is picking the Rams to repeat. Buffalo, fwiw, is the odds-on favorite from the AFC to make it to Glendale for my birthday, and a twitter contact of mine, Rebecca Grant, will certainly be there cheering on her Bills. For tomorrow's game, I think the Rams pull it out at home in a close one.

As for the 2022 season, I don't see too much tumult and upheaval as compared to last season. As I said a couple of months ago, I picked the Bucs to win it all, and despite numerous injuries to the offensive line, I'm doubling down on that pick. I can understand why experts would not pick Tampa for the big game, but I don't understand them picking the Aints in the NFC South. Oh well, the Saints are probably my least favorite team along with the Eagles, because of personal reasons (I actually don't have a problem with them, just one Eagles fan is dating my crush). Anyway my playoff picks from the NFC are as follows:

South: Bucs
East: Cowboys
North: Packers
West: Rams
WC: Eagles 😒
WC: Saints 😒
WC: Vikings

The AFC will have a couple of changes next season as Pittsburgh will have an unusual down year now that Ben Roethlisberger is retired, and they're awaiting Kenny Pickett to fully develop as an NFL QB. The West will be a dogfight this year, with all four teams making legitimate claims to win that division. Here's who I have in the AFC:

East: Bills
South: Titans
North: Ravens
West: Broncos
WC: Chiefs
WC: Chargers
WC: Bengals

I think come February, it will be Tampa and Buffalo to meet in the desert, with Tampa winning it all.



Now onto other things. The other week I wrote briefly about effort. Well, lo and behold, someone actually stepped up the plate yesterday evening. But they chickened out and didn't send me a DM like I had asked. Folks, I don't know about you, but I am past the point of being sick and tired in the romance department. Just yesterday, someone who I had liked found someone else before I could even get a shot off. Did I have a realistic chance with her? No. But I see it as another loss, and I am sick of losing. Hell, with the exception of two six-week flings (one in 2001, the other in 2005), there has been nothing BUT losing, and if you've seen my posts on social media you know I'm fed up. Yes, I am still a bit bitter over what happened just two months ago, and I haven't really gotten over what happened in February. Just know that I'm almost to the point of no return, and I have had it...

Sorry this entry took a turn for the worse...

I hope to be back later this week, if not you'll know why...















CT

No comments:

Post a Comment