Tuesday, August 16, 2022

A Little Something About Effort

 Greetings again peeps. I was taking a shower this evening when I thought about something that unfortunately I haven't made much of because of my living situation, effort. It's something that I feel everyone has to put in if you're going to try to get yourself involved in a relationship. Unfortunately, I can't make much of one because "Josefina Stalina" across the hall will want to know what I'm doing or spending what dollars (outside of bills) I do make on. In fact, I told my one-time love interest and good friend that I felt inadequate because of it. So, I'm limited to little trinkets I can afford, or creating content (no, not THAT content) like artwork and such for whoever the object of my desire is. Problem is that in most cases, that particular woman is at least a few states away, in fact in 2019 (before COVID f***ed everything up), I made a trip to try to see someone I was interested in at the time. Alas, her social anxiety wouldn't allow her to visit. 

Now would I love to take a visit to wherever to attempt to see who I'm interested in? Of course, I do! Problem is, "Josefina" will want to know exactly when and where I will be, because according to her, she's "responsible for me." Now you know how I feel as a grown ass man being unable to really go anywhere even though I'm nearing 50. I think she wants me to go to the VFW and date some old widow hen who lives in some nursing home. Jiminy fricking Christmas give me a doggone break. My other sister is also widowed and is very cynical about dating and relationships. Yeah, so much for finding help from my family, no wonder I don't try to show my hand to them; they would try to (and they have) sabotaged any effort I try to make in that department.

Back when I was living in North Carolina, legendary sports anchor for WRAL-TV Tom Suiter every Friday would hand out something called the "Extra Effort Award." Suffice to say given my current living situation, I'd never be eligible for said award. So unfortunately, I have to fall on this blog and social media to put myself out there...







WHY MUST I COME FROM SUCH A SCREWED-UP FAMILY??!!


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment