Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Weekend In Review, A Few Days Late...

 Greetings again everyone, especially to those at Hardee's in Mankato, Minnesota. Haven't had too much of a chance to get on here the past couple of days. Painting is finished, but I had an appointment at the VA yesterday, plus a video chat with my therapist today. Therefore, this entry is a little late, but hopefully not dollars short. 









(womp, womp)


Let's start with Friday night. Not a good night to be honest with UCF falling flat on their faces against Louisville in Orlando, and New Mexico struggling as usual against Boise State. On top of that, the St. Pauls MAGA Warriors (Bulldogs) spanked my high school friend's kid's team, Cameron Union Pines in high school action. Yes, the town I disowned got themselves a victory somehow Friday night, but there was a Facebook story of two Saint Pauls police cruisers with sirens blaring responding to a call. Good to see virtually nothing has changed in that damn town in the last twenty-five years. My alma mater did pull through though, as Apopka defeated Orlando Dr. Phillips in a defensive battle, 7-6.

Saturday was wild. No other way to put it. Notre Dame lost at home to Marshall, Marshall, Marshall. Alabama SHOULD have lost to Texas but survived by a point. Appalachian State went into College Station and beat Texas A&M. Wisconsin lost to Washington State at home. Three of those game I didn't pick because I thought they would be somewhat easy victories for those schools. Oh, was I wrong. I got Alabama right, but they didn't cover, and Nick Saban wasn't too thrilled about some of his players doing the horns down gesture after the game. 

As for the games I did pick, well here the results:

#12 Florida over #20 Kentucky L
Vanderbilt over #23 Wake Forest L
#3 Ohio State over Arkansas State W
Miami over Southern Miss W
Penn State over Ohio W
North Carolina over Georgia State W
#1 Alabama over Texas W
Northwestern over Duke L
#16 Arkansas over Army L (I messed up the pick, see below)
Memphis over Navy W
Air Force over Colorado W
#17 Pitt over #24 Tennessee L
Iowa State over Iowa W
Texas Tech over #25 Houston W
Illinois over Virginia W
East Carolina over ODU W
Virginia Tech over Boston College W
#21 BYU over #9 Baylor W

Stupid me picked Arkansas to win against an opponent they didn't play. They played South Carolina. Meanwhile Army did lose, but to UTSA. As a viral video once said, "Way to go, Paul." So, including the two misses on Friday night, I went 13-7. Not good.

Now for the pro slate, I whiffed on the kickoff game, bad. Buffalo throttled the Rams. That's one loss. The Sunday slate saw me get one of my upset specials right, but not much else.


Detroit over Philadelphia 
Indianapolis over Houston
Carolina over Cleveland
San Francisco over Chicago
Washington over Jacksonville
New England over Miami
Cincinnati over Pittsburgh (this game was fricking mental)
Baltimore over NY Jets
New Orleans over Atlanta (way to blow it, Falcons)
Kansas City over Arizona
Tennessee over NY Giants
Minnesota over Green Bay 
LA Chargers over Las Vegas

WW TAMPA BAY over Dallas

Denver over Seattle (felt weird hearing Joe Buck and Troy Aikman on MNF)

TNF: 0-1
Sunday early: 3-5-1
Sunday late: 3-1
SNF: 1-0
MNF: 0-1

Total: 7-8-1. I'm going to need to better if I'm to reach my goal of 175 wins for the season.

Well, that's it for the time being. I may be back later tonight with another entry after AEW Dynamite goes off the air. In the meantime, have a good rest of your Wednesday.


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment