Friday, September 9, 2022

Football Preview for 9/11 Weekend

 Greetings everyone. I have to split this into separate parts because dinner is soon, and I had other things going on today. But there are plenty of college games, as well as the NFL to get into, so let's get after it.

Before I dip into the college games, I have two special prep picks. In North Carolina, I have the Union Pines Vikings (Cameron) throttling and all but (as Matt Hardy would say) deleting the Saint Pauls Bulldogs. Yes, my former hometown. Why? Too much MAGA lunacy and narrow-mindedness in that town. The other game has Apopka (my alma mater) hopefully defeating Dr. Phillips in Florida high school action. 

In college action, two games on Friday kick off the weekend. I have UCF exacting revenge on Louisville for last year's embarrassment at Papa John's Stadium, and in a big upset, I'm taking New Mexico over Boise State since one Boise State alum really bummed me out this week, and probably led to me rant at the end of my last entry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm resuming this entry at 8:40 EDT, UCF leads 14-7, I have "Dare Me" on my Spotify (which means we'll get a dead dog dedication later tonight), and I'm ready to roll.

Went to Lowe's this morning with eldest sis to get some painting supplies since our other sister and her cousin (who is suffering from cancer) is coming around the end of this month, and she wants to have her bedroom repainted before they come. Anyway, at Lowe's today, I noticed this guy with a blue T-shirt that said, "White Lives Matter." Seriously. I'm as white as a ghost and I thought that shirt was ridiculous. Did I say something? No, I didn't want to create a scene and my sister was present. Did I want to say something? Kinda, but I knew he'd only escalate things from there, so I had to leave well enough alone. But that is some of the ridiculousness that happens in Spring Hill. Also in Spring Hill, they're acting the fool outside a Subway. Like I was telling my sister this evening over dinner, if I ever win the lottery, I'm moving away from Spring Hill, either back to Tampa, to Orlando, or North Carolina. Perhaps elsewhere, if things happen to break a certain way personally. Now that I've said that, I've probably jinxed myself into staying here, but we'll see.

Anyway, tomorrow we have a big matchup in the state between Florida and Kentucky, who last year, were the blind squirrel finding the nut as they beat Florida in Lexington for the first time since I was in junior high school; 1986. Ugh, the Galen Hall error. Anyway, Florida had a thrilling victory over Utah last week to open the season, and jumped all the way to #12 in the AP Poll. I'm sure the Gators will be looking for revenge tomorrow in the Swamp. Sorry Kaylee, but your kittycats won't survive tomorrow (she lives in Lexington).








Here's who I have tomorrow in the college slate:

#12 Florida over #20 Kentucky
Vanderbilt over #23 Wake Forest
#3 Ohio State over Arkansas State (why does their logo look like a wolf tripping on acid?)
Miami over Southern Miss
Penn State over Ohio
North Carolina over Georgia State
#1 Alabama over Texas
Northwestern over Duke
#16 Arkansas over Army
Memphis over Navy
Air Force over Colorado
#17 Pitt over #24 Tennessee
Iowa State over Iowa
Texas Tech over #25 Houston (I loathe their head coach, Dana Holgerson)
Illinois over Virginia
East Carolina over ODU
Virginia Tech over Boston College (BC lost to Rutgers, which in my opinion should get them booted from FBS)
#21 BYU over #9 Baylor


Now we come to Sunday's slate of NFL games, and this year once again, I won't have to go anywhere thanks to NFL RedZone Channel, and since the Bucs don't play until 8:20, I can keep it on that channel.

Anyway, here's who I have Sunday:

Detroit over Philadelphia in an upset special
Indianapolis over Houston
Carolina over Cleveland
San Francisco over Chicago
Washington over Jacksonville
New England over Miami
Cincinnati over Pittsburgh
Baltimore over NY Jets
New Orleans over Atlanta 😩
Kansas City over Arizona
Tennessee over NY Giants
Minnesota over Green Bay in another upset
LA Chargers over Las Vegas

TAMPA BAY over Dallas

Denver over Seattle. 

I stopped keeping record of how I was doing after idiot DeSantis shut down sports betting thanks to lawsuits (which he knew was going to happen when he signed the Seminole Compact, but he pushed it through anyway). So this season, I'll try to keep track of my pro picks. My goal is 175 wins, which equates to a .643 winning percentage. I don't know how that would work out if I were gambling, but it's a nice goal to have.


That's all I have for now, I might try to get my flashback segment done overnight. Until next time peeps.


More to come...

CT


No comments:

Post a Comment