Thursday, September 29, 2022

Post Hurricane Thoughts

 Hello again everyone, except you Lara Trump. Seriously, where's DCF when you need them? I wrote earlier about how damned lucky we here in the northern reaches of Tampa Bay in my last post, and since I have been triggered by my crush's goofball of a boyfriend (yuck) on social media, so therefore I'm in one of THOSE moods, so folks, get your popcorn ready because I'm here to dispense some post-Ian thoughts.













First off, for as much devastation as Ian brought, at least it could have saved its punch for one particular building in the Orlando area. Unfortunately, that did not happen

If not that, then it could have blown my crush's dingbat bf to the other side of the state, or better yet Jacksonville.

Yeah, you can tell I'm still having trouble processing that. Now I may have nobody to shop for Christmas this year. 😒

Oh Lord my sister was on one yesterday, because the internet was out until this afternoon around noon. She was very unhappy that she wasn't able to watch "The Masked Singer." Well guess what? Fox 13 in Tampa didn't air it to begin with because WE HAD A NEAR-CATEGORY FIVE HURRICANE IN OUR BACKYARD!!! She ought to thank her lucky stars we had power throughout, although I am curious why Spectrum interrupted cable service to Hernando County.

Lizzo is a national treasure, and quite possibly the most popular flautist ever.












Aaron Judge finally hit his 61st home run. Of COURSE, it would be on the night that I had no cable...

Speaking of sports, my pro picks flopped last week, as I went a remarkable 5-11. I'll have the rest of this weekend's picks tomorrow, but for tonight, I'll pick Miami over Cincinnati and cross my fingers.

The only other unbeaten? The damned Eagles. You know why I dislike them especially this year, and I'm hoping like hell Jacksonville pulls off the upset this week.

Along those lines, this year really has been shitty from a romance standpoint. Every woman I have had a crush on (except one) wound up with someone else this year. I don't know if the Universe is trolling me harder than usual or if everyone gets offended if I like someone more than just as a friend. I honestly don't get it. The only crush that hasn't found someone is vegan and may be moving to Paris (which is the nickname of a crush I had a few years ago that no longer speaks to me because I don't drink the MAGA Kool-Aid).

Speaking of which, I wonder which day this year was worse, February 2, or July 17...

However, this is one woman on the mark...hold up, I'm now being told it's (checks notes) Marjorie Taylor Greene. Excuse me while I jump out a ten-story window (not really).













Speaking of tomorrow, time permitting because I may have to help put things back from hurricane prep, I should have my flashback segment back on here. For now, I kind have ran out of things to rant/talk/write about. So in the meantime, take care, and stay safe.

CT



No comments:

Post a Comment