Wednesday, September 28, 2022

We Got Lucky...VERY Lucky

Hello everyone, except you Hurricane Ian. As many of you know, Southwest Florida was heavily devastated from a vicious near-Category Five hurricane yesterday. Naples and Fort Myers are virtually underwater. Cities and towns from Sarasota to Naples devastated. If anyone remembers Hurricane Andrew in 1992, this is just as bad if not worse.


Fortunately, the immediate Tampa Bay region was, for the most part, spared (again) from the brunt of the hurricane's wrath. South of the Bay, a tragically different story lies in wait.

I wish I could tell you more, but to be honest here in Hernando County we've been without internet service since yesterday morning, before the storm even hit. Why I have no idea, but for some reason Spectrum kinda left us in the dark. My eldest sister of course went on a rampage. She ought to be lucky we have power, shelter, and quite frankly the privilege of being alive right now because for folks in Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee, and Collier Counties, that sadly isn't the case. 

When I do get internet service back, whenever that is, I'll be more able to write about this. For now, I have to deal with a somewhat spotty cell service to write this entry, which is better than nothing.

But we here in Pasco and Hernando Counties got lucky...VERY lucky.


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment