Thursday, September 15, 2022

Late Wednesday/Early Thursday Thoughts

 Greetings again everyone, except for you Ron DeSantis. Seriously, what was he trying to accomplish with the stunt he pulled on Wednesday? I already loathe the guy, and he does this. Now sure, the right will spin it to say that he was doing a humanitarian thing by sending those immigrants to a progressive part of the nation. I ain't buying it. Then again, I haven't bought anything the right has said in about a decade now, especially after T**** got "elected." So, there's no reason to start now. And DeSantis wants to be referred to as "America's Governor." Please. I saw that on Instagram from someone who I at one time wanted to date and nearly laughed my cereal out of my mouth.

Speaking of love interests, I am pleased to report that me and my love interest from earlier this summer are back on speaking terms. Where this goes from here, who knows? But, in the end, whether or not anything happens, I know I have a great friend on my side who I love to pieces, and I am appreciated as well by her. Oh, and she wants to see me again. Plus, I've also discussed what to get her for Christmas. Stay tuned...

Tomorrow night is the first Thursday Night Football game on Amazon Prime, which I do not have. Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit will be at Arrowhead for the Chiefs and the Chargers. If last week is any indication of what to look forward to this week, I think Kansas City shouldn't have too much of a problem, even though Los Angeles won at Kansas City last season. Probably tomorrow I should have my picks for this weekend's college and NFL games...

I didn't see any coverage of Queen Elizabeth II's funeral, and quite frankly I couldn't care less. I mean it is sad that she passed, and her reign was historic, but as my civics teacher Mr. Smith (God rest his soul) once said, her role (was) largely ceremonial and didn't carry a whole lot of weight. Plus, during her reign, most of the British Commonwealth became independent, from Africa to the Caribbean. However, the English monarchy more or less has become obsolete, and it's time that the royal family to be dissolved. 

I don't understand all this fuss about The Little Mermaid being cast as a woman of color. For some reason, people are up in arms because Halle Bailey, the actress who portrays Ariel in the live-motion adaptation of the 1989 animated classic (and not to be confused with Halle Berry), doesn't look like the Ariel we knew from the version thirty-three years ago. I don't have a problem at all with it, and even kids are in awe of Bailey's portrayal of Ariel. So why the racist backlash? In the words of Depeche Mode, "I don't understand what makes a man hate another man, help me understand."








(isn't she gorgeous?)


I didn't have a flashback last week, so I hope to remedy that tomorrow. In fact, I'm pondering if I should start a different blog altogether which will solely be focused on flashback to charts past. I may need input on whether or not I should...

For the past five months, I had been dealing with partial loss of hearing in my right ear because of wax buildup. Finally, all the wax that had been stuck to my eardrum has cleared itself up, and I can hear somewhat clearly again. Talk about a relief. 

I'm debating whether or not to hyperlink the website of the woman I alluded to earlier in this entry for you horndogs out there. I think I should ask her permission first though. You know what, she's on Twitter now, so here you go. You're welcome.

I think that will do it for this entry for now. Like I said, I should be back tomorrow sometime, until then, see you on Twitter.


CT






No comments:

Post a Comment