Friday, July 1, 2022

What A Week...(Flashback Friday)

Good evening, everyone. Except you, Stan Kroenke. To quote the band Hot Chelle Rae, it's been a really, really messed up week. First, we had my favorite hockey team coming up short in the Stanley Cup Final. Then America's biggest bimbo somehow managed to win her primary in Colorado. Then we had the Supreme Court made another unpopular decision, the same day that the Court sworn in its first black female in its history. Then my sister started in again on me visiting my possible future love interest tomorrow. She says that since it's Independence Day weekend, it wouldn't be a good time to visit. Who the frig asked you, sis? Maybe I should secretly change her ringtone on her mobile device to Rage Against the Machine's "Killing In The Name." Or I could tell her this. At least the long holiday weekend is here, even if some folks don't feel like celebrating (and I don't really blame them).

Speaking of tomorrow, I will have to take the bus tomorrow. I believe I've spoken about our rather inefficient regional transit system on one at least one occasion on here. At least the system here in Hernando County is somewhat useful, if not frequent; at least I can get to my destination without problem. Pasco County on the other hand is a different animal. Back in January, they shifted some of their bus schedules and routes, and Google Maps hasn't updated it yet. A look on there will show that the 21 route still goes by the VA Clinic; it doesn't anymore 



















Google, I have a suggestion. Actually, Morty Smith has a suggestion for you:


Anyway, the other week riding on the route that follows US 19 was an other-worldly experience.
You had one guy wanting me to sit next to him (no, dude), and this guy was, well, weird. He was likke my cousin Randy, but not at all pious. He was trying to make friends with anyone and everyone on the 19 Route, trying to bribe their friendship with wads of dollar bills and cigarettes. I didn't know if I was on the Pasco County bus system, Brass Flamingo, or the Pasco County Detention Center. Then, one of his "buddies" was getting hella annoying; on not one, not two, not three, but FOUR consecutive bus stops, he would ring the bell to ask the bus to stop but didn't disembark. He finally departed at what used to be Gulf View Square Mall, but he inexplicably left his phone with the bus driver. Then I had to wait FORTY-FIVE minutes between the end of the 19 Route, and the next bus (21) which connects to Hernando County. Talk about a rigamarole...

Enough about that BS though, it's Friday so why don't we flashback to the year 2008. Here were the top 40 songs in America this week according to Mediabase 24/7:

40. Bottle It Up by Sara Bareillis
39. One Step At A Time by Jordin Sparks
38. That's What You Get by Paramore
37. Closer by Ne-Yo
36. If I Never See Your Face Again by Maroon 5 f/ Rihanna
35. Time Of My Life by David Cook
34. Burnin' Up by Jonas Brothers
33. Thunder by Boys Like Girls
32. American Boy by Estelle f/ Kanye West
31. Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade

30. She Got It by Two Pistols f/ T-Pain
29. Viva La Vida by Coldplay
28. Touch My Body by Mariah Carey
27. Disturbia by Rihanna
26. Bye Bye by Mariah Carey
25. Dangerous by Kardinal Offishall f/ Akon
24. When I Grow Up by Pussycat Dolls
23. 4 Minutes by Madonna, Justin Timberlake, and Timbaland
22. Mercy by Duffy
21. All Summer Long by Kid  CRock

20. 7 Things by Miley Cyrus
19. Summertime by New Kids On The Block
18. Bust It Baby (Part II) by Plies f/ Ne-Yo
17. All Around Me by Flyleaf
16. In Love With A Girl by Gavin DeGraw
15. No Air by Jordin Sparks f/ Chris Brown
14. It's Not My Time by 3 Doors Down
13. What You Got by Colby O'Donis f/ Akon
12. Realize by Colbie Callait
11. Shake It by Metro Station

10. Love In This Club by Usher f/ Young Jeezy
  9. Forever by Chris Brown
  8. Lollipop by Lil' Wayne f/ Static Major
  7. Damaged by Danity Kane
  6. Sexy Can I by Ray-J f/ Yung Berg
  5. Pocketful Of Sunshine by Natasha Beddingfield
  4. I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.

...excuse me while I swoon...



















...thank you.

  3. Leavin' by Jessie McCartney
  2. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
  
...and the number 1 song this week fourteen years ago was...

  1. Take A Bow by Rihanna




















There were some bangers on this list. Overall, a pretty quality countdown, and hopefully, most of these songs will last the test of time...

Well, should I take the trip on the bus tomorrow, I'll update you on how it goes. Anyway, have a good and safe Independence Day weekend!

Until next time

CT









No comments:

Post a Comment