Friday, July 29, 2022

Flashback Friday: 7/27/90

 Good evening, everyone. Late last night, I stated on here that I was afraid my old LG Stylo 4 had taken a dirt nap. Lo and behold, it did. Isn't able to maintain a charge of any sort after I let the battery run out and die. Not to worry though, for I was in radio silence for all of about six hours. I now am the new owner of a Samsung Galaxy A13, and from the limited amount of time I've had the device, I like it. It passes the selfie test, and it passes the sunset test. 
 



















Enough about my new plaything though, let's do a Friday Flashback. This week, we're going back to probably the best summer of my youth, 1990. Here were the Top 40 hits for this weekend thirty-two years ago.

40. Oh Girl by Paul Young

39. (Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection by Nelson. Remember my Nelson story from my post back in November? Yeah, that's them.

38. Poison by Bell Biv Devoe

37. Close To You by Maxi Priest. Not to be confused with hard rockers Judas Priest like former DJ John Garabedian did on the "Open House Party" show all those years ago. In fact, I didn't know that show was still around until just now.

36. It Must Have Been Love by Roxette. True story, I was driving back from North Carolina to Virginia when I lost control of my car and rolled it in a ditch. Somehow, I survived, but it would affect me for the rest of my life. If you ever get to know me well enough, I'll probably tell you. Anyway, that's the song that was playing on my radio at the time.

35. Can't Stop Falling Into Love by Cheap Trick. Incredibly, the opposite usually happens to me.

34. Pure by Lightning Seeds

33. Epic by Faith No More. My sophomore year English teacher (Mrs. Timmins) kinda sounded like the lead singer for the group whenever the singer asks, "What is it?"

32. Do Me! by Bell Biv Devoe. Smack it up, rub it down oh noooooooo...

31. I'll Be Your Shelter by Taylor Dayne. I still have nightmares about then-American Top 40 host Shadoe Stevens's strange fixation with that artist.

30. You Can't Deny It by Lisa Stansfield

29. The Girl I Used To Know by Brother Beyond. Their only hit to my recollection

28. Blaze Of Glory by Jon Bon Jovi. This was his solo effort for the movie "Young Guns"

27. Love And Emotion by Stevie B

26. I Didn't Want To Need You by Heart

25. Hold On by En Vogue

24. The Other Side by Aerosmith

23. My Kinda Girl by Babyface

22. Make You Sweat by Keith Sweat

21. Tonight by New Kids On the Block

20. Don't Go Away Mad, Just Go Away by Motley Crue. To my knowledge, I've only said something like this to one woman. No, I don't want to talk about her.

19. Unskinny Bop by Poison

18. Across The River by Bruce Hornsby & the Range

17. Release Me by Wilson Phillips. Chynna was definitely the most attractive of that trio.

16. Jerk Out by Morris Day and the Time

15. Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode

14. Have You Seen Her by MC Hammer. If you do, please let me know.

13. Hanky Panky by Madonna. Remember when she made music for the movie "Dick Tracy?" I do, unfortunately

12. The Power by Snap. Interesting story behind this song as far as the rapper who replaced the original one from that group just as it was getting released.

11. Possession by Bad English

10. Could This Be Love by Seduction

  9. King Of Wishful Thinking by Go West

  8. When I'm Back On My Feet Again by Michael Bolton. Thankfully, we never had to hear this song again after 1990. Not cancel culture, it just absolutely sucked (too sappy)!

  7. Cradle Of Love by Billy Idol. I loved this song, and especially the video.

  6. If Wishes Came True by Sweet Sensation. Well, as Burgess Meredith said in "Grumpy Old Men," you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see what gets filled first.

  5. Girls Nite Out by Tyler Collins

  4. Come Back To Me by Janet Jackson

  3. She Ain't Worth It by Glenn Medeiros with Bobby Brown. Oh really? I said just yesterday that my favorite bartender was worth it. I think you have her confused with someone else.

  2. Rub You The Right Way by Johnny Gill

and the number one song on this date 32 years ago was...

  1. Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey. And the rest is herstory...


















That's a wrap on this entry, and what was a very trying week for me personally. I think tomorrow, I'll continue working on the drawing/painting I started earlier this week. As well as catch F1 qualifying from Hungary. Until next time, be well.  


AND GOOD LUCK ON TONIGHT'S $1.1 BILLION MEGA MILLIONS DRAW!!!!


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment