Saturday, August 6, 2022

Saturday Evening/Sunday Morning Post

 Hello on this very late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. As you could probably tell, I haven't done much writing the past week. Well, let's just say I kind of needed the time to heal emotionally over the past two weeks. Not just the fallout from being rejected, but other issues on the Homefront that I'd rather not get into right now, but if you know me from the social media outlets I usually post to, you could imagine what was going on. 

As a result of my absence, there will be no flashback feature this week. My mood wasn't in the spirit to make one for the reasons listed in the above paragraph, but more than that, we seemed to have a flashback of sorts to 2016. Who could forget that year? Seemed like the world was ending because of all the notable celebrities that passed that year. Well, this past week we had something similar happen. Several notable personalities checked out from here on Earth and into the celestial realm, most notable Paul Sorvino, Nichelle Nicholls, and a favorite of mine, Vin Scully.








Vin was my personal soundtrack for baseball growing up, and for a lot of many other Gen-Xers who grew up watching baseball, I imagine it was their soundtrack too. His calls in the 1986 and 1988 World Series will last forever. The latter while I sat in astonishment of Kirk Gibson's exploits in the living room of my youngest sister's trailer in Podunkville (St. Pauls), NC as a 14-year-old. But he was much more than the voice of baseball in my youth, he was also the voice for golf on NBC during the mid to late 80's, and before he was known as the voice of NBC's baseball game of the week, he duly served as one of the top voices on CBS. In fact, it was him who called Joe Montana's game winning touchdown pass to the late Dwight Clark back in January of 1982. All that while serving an amazing six-plus decades as the voice of the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers. 

Speaking of football, can you believe it's already preseason? The Hall of Fame Game was played just the other day, with the Raiders beating on the hapless LOLJags. I didn't pay much attention because 1) it's preseason, and 2) I'm waiting for the regular season to begin. No, I'm not going to analyze what to expect this season; besides, I already made my pick to win the Super Bowl anyway.

Starting next week, I am going to explore a possible career opportunity that would allow me to work from home. Living on what little I make from SSDI is not enough for the kind of life that I wish. Heck, it's quite possibly why I didn't wind up with...nah, I'm not saying it. The way I see it, it's like the late Owen Hart promo in the WWE in the late 1990s; "enough is enough, and it's time for a change!" One reason why I'm possibly looking into this opportunity is a message I got on my Instagram account this morning. 











This right here was just the message I needed to cheer me up after a very trying last three weeks, so whoever you are that sent it, thanks!

Well, it's past 2AM here in Hernando County, so I guess I'll wrap this entry up for now. I hope to have more for you all perhaps later today. In the meantime, have a good night!


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment