Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Weekend Recap 10/11 edition

 Hello again everyone, except for you Ian Cole. Hoping that everybody (well, almost everybody) had a nice weekend. Mine was okay, as I got to celebrate my sister's birthday. Believe it or not, she's 75 now and despite our differences I love her. 

You know, yesterday I was going to write about just how disappointing the Rays season was. Injuries everywhere only to reach the postseason on a shoestring budget yet again, which although admirable, is quite infuriating when you consider their triple-A affiliate in Durham has won multiple championships, including this season. Instead, down here at the major league level, you have an owner, Stu Sternberg that cries poor mouth that he doesn't get as much revenue as the other teams because this team has always (with the exception of 2008) been a box office flop. And on top of that, $tu has been wishy-washy at best in trying to land a new ballpark in Tampa (where it should be), not St. Petersburg.

But enough about that. Yesterday I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. I know yesterday was National Mental Health Day, yet strangely enough, I was feeling down. Today, I'm feeling rather chipper. My motivation? Can't really tell you, but let's just say that for the first time probably EVER, I'm doing Christmas shopping for somebody (special) outside of family. Yeah, my budget is (unfairly) limited, but like Tommy Lee Jones said in the 1993 movie, "The Fugitive:"







As for my football picks, I went 22-9 on my college picks and a stellar week in the pros, going 13-3. That puts me over .500 for the season at 41-38-1. So, a pretty decent weekend overall. Later this evening, I'll be checking out the Lightning as they open their season on Broadway against the Rangers. By the way, I have Carolina and Edmonton in next year's Stanley Cup Final, with Edmonton finally breaking the great Canadian drought (a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup since 1993). Maybe after that, I'll try to work on the art project I also have planned for Christmas, and probably flash my middle finger at any Ron DeSantis ads that I happen to come across, be it on my phone or on TV.

More to come...


CT


No comments:

Post a Comment