Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Wacky Wednesday/Thursday

 Good evening everyone, except for you Mehmet Oz. Today, I was somewhat rejuvenated after a nap (due to staying up through last night's hockey game), as well as gaining a wonderful follower on Twitter (who may or may not be on my lock screen). Then I watched wrestling and tonight's hockey game (a 4-2 Lightning win over Anaheim). I'm very much energized now!

Having a conversation with a Facebook friend about the miniseries "V", which aired in the summer of 1983, and the subsequent TV series the next year. When it came out, I was just leaving a Christian school in the Pine Hills section of Orlando (which is now its own incorporated community), plus I was on the verge of moving to North Carolina. So, as you could imagine at that time frame, I thought the world was going to come to an abrupt and sudden end because all I had ever remembered up to that time was living in Orlando (I relocated there as an infant from Atlanta, which I have zero memory of). I literally thought that whoever this "V" was would take over the world like some sort of evil overlord, and my way of life, at the time, would change forever, which was something I legitimately feared. Ultimately, I would grow out of that fear, partially because I never watched that show and partially because later in life, I would have several changes: physically, mentally, and psychologically. Hold up, I guess psychological and mental changes are one in the same, right? Who knows...












This next segment is for you professional wrestling geeks out there, and a couple of things I noticed from watching wrestling last night. First, what was the getup Jake Hager supposed to be wearing? For those who didn't see "AEW Dynamite," Hager was at ringside for the opening tag team match between Chris Jericho/Daniel Garcia and Claudio Castagnoli/Wheeler Yuta. Hager was in a ridiculous-looking purple bucket hat with purple shorts along with a white T-shirt. The only thing I could come up with was that the program originated from Chartway Arena in Norfolk, Virginia, which USED to be called the Ted Constant Convocation Center at Old Dominion University (a building that was constructed after my time in Norfolk was up). A major rival of ODU is James Madison University, whose colors are purple and white. Second, how did Renee Paquette manage to keep a straight face while Maxwell Jacob Freidman was cutting a promo on his upcoming match with him at Full Gear (November 19 on Bleacherreport.com). Paquette is of course, the wife of Moxley, and some of the antics and phrases that Friedman was using during that promo were flat-out hilarious. So much so that Luna Havoc on TikTok pretty much lost it. Then, Stokley Hathaway interrupted Friedman and essentially ruined the promo, and ultimately, Friedman's night on "Dynamite." If you want to know the deets, read a recap online or watch the program on demand.


Later tonight marks the Bucs' only appearance on Thursday Night Football this year, as they host the Baltimore Ravens at RayJay. The matchup looks attractive on paper, but when you consider how mediocre both teams have played this year (especially the Bucs, who are coming off two putrid performances on the road), it doesn't look very inviting, and is probably why this matchup (as are all TNF matchup this year) only available for online streaming through Amazon Prime. The game will be shown on the air in the home markets of the teams playing though, which means that "the official Bucs station," WFLA-TV in Tampa will carry the game, right? Wrong, because according to 506sports.com, WTVT (the Fox affiliate in Tampa) will carry the game. How does that happen? I know Fox usually has the contract to show most NFC games, but WFLA does air their preseason games as well as any games they may have on Sunday Night Football, but to me if you're going to call yourself the official Bucs station, you might at least want to try and get the rights from Amazon to air it locally.


Some more random thoughts:

Who will get their first win of the 2022-23 NBA season last, the Lakers, the Sacratomato Kings, or the Orlando Tragic?

Two of my Christmas gifts have arrived already with more to come. I have to figure out how to get the packages to her when the time comes, because the last time I visited her, nosy Nellie (aka oldest sister) "banned" me from seeing her again. Fortunately, I have just under two months left to figure something out. But that leads to ANOTHER dilemma...

The new updated COVID vaccine is now out, and this time my sister is NOT getting it. Plus, she's paranoid about getting sick to begin with, so she will do almost anything and everything to avoid crowds this upcoming Holiday season (most of her gifts are delivered by mail via QVC anyway). Already she's forced the in-person appointment I had with the VA into a phone call (all because we got dizzy this past weekend), so she might as well call where we live "The Hermitage."

Did Ron DeSantis give off Shy Ronnie vibes with his contorted facial expressions during the Florida gubernatorial debate the other night?

I swear if I see another advertisement for Mistplay on my phone, I may have to chuck it in a retention pond somewhere. 

Someone told me that I should take more selfies. I think I will beginning tomorrow when I cut my hair, which is something I've been planning to do since June, when the Stanley Cup Final ended.

Anyway, that's all I have for now; I need to get some sleep for real. Until next time...


CT


No comments:

Post a Comment