Thursday, October 20, 2022

My Favorite Time Of Year...

 Good afternoon, everyone. This week autumn arrived, with a bang. Many towns and cities across the Midwestern and Southern US (including Florida) reached or neared record low temperatures as an early winter chill descended from the Arctic. With that, along with my favorite Halloween commercial on television ("Why don't we just get into the running car?" Well, I can't drive right now, and my sister will be damned if she let me borrow hers, so you're SOL.), welcome to my favorite time of year. 








It's the time of year where all five major sporting leagues in the US/Canada are playing meaningful games concurrently. In fact, the big four (MLB, NFL, NHL, & NBA) all play tonight. I'm not too keen on baseball this season because once again we're going to get an unattractive matchup in the World Series. I hate the Astros because they're a bunch of cheating frauds. I hate the Yankees because I'm a Rays fan and they have ALWAYS been a thorn in Tampa's side. I hate the Phillies because of reasons you should know about already, and San Diego? The worst sports-talk host in the history of mankind relaunched his career (after getting run from Tampa) there. So, if I had to choose between a civilization-ending asteroid and this year's World Series, I'm choosing the asteroid (not the Astros). 

This is also the time of year where The Weather Channel gets switched off in our household for the season. Why? Because of their stupid policy of naming each and every winter storm. Last year, I came up with my own ideas for what they should name them, and I'm doing it again this year:

Anus
Barfbag
COVID (it's still a thing)
Donna
Elon
Fig-Newton
Gangrene
Hell-ena
I-Suck
Jasmine
Kyle
Lauren
Mike (gee, I wonder why?!)
NotAgain
Oscar
Penny
Q-Bert
Ronda
Succubus
Tawny (gee, I ALSO wonder why?!)
Unicycle
Vick
Whiney
Xerxes
Yak
Zyzyx

I guess you can tell my list is a bit personal, huh?

I also found out today happens to be International Sloth Day, so why don't we celebrate these slow yet adorable creatures?











Jeez, tough crowd.

I pretty much have stopped tabulating my football picks because 1) the league is crap 2) I suck picking games. That said, I'll take Arizona over New Orleans tonight. 

Another thing I love about this year is the excitement of buying Christmas gifts. Like I said in my last post, this is the first time in a while I'm getting Christmas presents for someone, albeit with a limited income to work with. Well, this week, both gifts I've gotten her (so far) arrived. More will come (I hope) in the following weeks 😉. Also, with the cooler weather, I was able to get some yardwork done. Tomorrow I might go for a walk, something that I have really been slacking on as of late. Much like this blog.

Anyway, I hope to have more for y'all tomorrow with the weekend coming up. Until then, take care. 


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment