Friday, October 28, 2022

Nope, I Didn't Like This At All...Then Something Happened.

 Hello again everyone, except you Elon Musk. I see that your long-winded quest to take over Twitter was finally granted. Much to the dismay of me and several others who deep down inside did NOT want this to happen. Sure enough, the trolls of Twitter didn't take very long to make their return known (WARNING: Disgusting language and imagery). Seriously, I hope Twitter doesn't become a Wild West for hate speech, neo-nazis, election/COVID deniers. 

Right about that time, it seemed like a negative energy wave washed over us like a tsunami. First the Bucs, after a promising start, shit the bed again and lost to Baltimore 27-22 on Thursday Night Football. Then, it continued into Friday morning, as news broke that some dude with the wrong idea, stormed into the home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and attacked her husband with a hammer. Thankfully, Mr. Pelosi is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries, but the fact the sick SOB was looking for the Speaker is disgusting. Remember January 6? Some of the idiots who stormed the Capitol Building that day were looking specifically for Speaker Pelosi, and this wacko apparently wanted to finish what those lamebrains started. As Ron Filipowski wrote on Twitter, the ongoing coup continues. It continued into the afternoon when my eldest sister started in on me and the other sister (again). At one point, she started in on me because I innocently made closed my right hand, as if she thought I was clenching my fist a la Arthur in that meme. Then she threatened to throw both me and the middle sister out. Sheesh! Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed, and everyone got along just fine afterwards.








(no sis, I wasn't clenching my fist!)


Then in the afternoon, I decided to say screw it and decided to play some songs from my trance playlist. Then for some reason, things started to turn around. Dinner was absolutely scrumptious. I shared some classic hip-hop on my Facebook page. My sister then informed me we were getting Powerball tickets tomorrow, and I messaged my crush that if I hit the jackpot, I'd split it with her. The Orlando Magic ACTUALLY WON A GAME! Then I decided to do something I hadn't done since spring; cut my hair. All by myself. I have to say I did a pretty good job (although I could use some improvement):




















After that, I decided to turn on the Florida Breakbeats Channel on fade fm, which I hadn't listened to since June I think. Then karma came around so beautifully as the Phillies (who I have winning in five following Kyle Tucker's smack talk, I know, I had to swallow some pride here), rallied for a 6-5 win in ten innings in game one of the World Series. As a great man once said, "f*** Tucker." My night was made, about as good as I could ask for. Hopefully, this sudden positive energy surge lasts throughout this Halloween weekend. 

And all it took was some music to turn things around. Music really does bring people together.

Until later today...



CT

No comments:

Post a Comment