Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Another Untimely Death...Otherwise A Good Day

 Good morning, everyone. Late Saturday night, I spoke briefly about Vin Scully, who recently died, and opined how the recent period of celebrity deaths reminded me of 2016. Well yesterday, yet another celebrity checked into the celestial realm; Olivia Newton-John. This one hit hard for a lot of people around my age group because of not only her recording career, but also the lasting impression she made in her role of Sandy in the 1978 movie, "Grease." 











Tributes have poured in from around the world, from the US to Australia. On BBC World News, I saw where Kylie Minogue posted a tribute to her on Twitter. All in all, it was a rather sad note on what was a glorious day otherwise. Right, Donny boy???


On a personal note, I was working on a drawing/portrait for someone, but I am currently not on speaking terms with said person, so I don't know if that project will continue, unless I hear from said person. Also, I have plenty of literature to get caught up on regarding my diabetes diagnosis. My A1C was a whopping 10.5, so yeah, I'm diabetic. Maybe I'll shave my head and cosplay as Wilfred Brimley heck I eat plenty of oatmeal for breakfast as it is. Oh, and I'm awaiting test strips, which I have been waiting on since before my meltdown a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I'll see you later this week.


CT 

No comments:

Post a Comment