Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday Thoughts

Hello again, everyone. Hoping that all of you had a wonderful weekend. I'm sure most of you did. Mine was, ehhh, but I'm still around and kicking it and in the end, that's what matters the most, right? Especially after I wasn't entirely sure I was going to make it just last month. At least my weekend was much, much better than this fool's.

Failure To Launch

Little disappointed this morning because the launch of Artemis I was scrubbed at the Cape. I guess they'll try again on Friday, weather permitting. What shocked me this morning was the fact that for this rocket, they're using recycled parts from the Space Shuttle program. Really. And of course, there's an article rubbing it in NASA's face. Gee Barron's, did Elon pay you off or something? Guess he had to pay someone since his attempted takeover of Twitter fell through. Thank you, Universe. Why don't Elon and Joe Rogan get on that lame podcast and smoke some more ganja?











Raider Fan In Midseason Form

Preseason in the NFL is over, but Raiders fan is in midseason form. Over the weekend, a brawl broke out at Oakland Coliseum Allegiant Stadium, but it was apparently between two Raider fans, not fans of opposing teams like what you usually encounter at NFL games. Judging from the tone of the linked tweet, Vegas fan is already sick of the Raiders, or at least the behavior of some of their fans. At least the Raiders aren't as insufferable as the Golden Knights.

Speaking Of Preseason...

My beloved Bucs pulled an 0-fer, losing to Indianapolis 27-10. I stopped watching around halftime because the second stringers were in the game, but I might have to revise my Super Bowl pick for this season.  The offensive line right now is a M*A*S*H* unit, and I'm more than a little worried abpout Tom Brady in season 23. However, he is, according to NFL Network, the top player going into 2022. LFG...











Saturday Results...

I said Saturday morning tha I hoped for a nine-win week as far as picking college games. Well, I was a bit short. I totally whiffed on Florida State losing to Duquense; the Noles actually looked somewhat impressive. Nebraska disappointed yet again, and UTEP and Hawaii didn't even bother showing up. So, I had a 7-4 week. I'll try again next week although I won't pick every game...that would be overkill. Probably just the Florida schools and power five conferences.

Other Thoughts.

--People still watch the VMA's?

--Speaking of music, I listened to The Scorpions' "Big City Nights" on loop, over the weekend, and I couldn't help but to make an off-color joke regarding the title of the song...I'll leave that to your imagination.

--I started a drawing a few weeks ago, and I've put off continuing it until I know me and my friend are once again on good terms. In the meantime, here's a sneak peek. Hope she likes it so far...



















--My blood sugar was once again a bit low this morning, but better than the 21 that I had two weeks ago. I still maintain that the device needs to be calibrated or replaced.

--I haven't paid too much attention to the baseball standings this year, but I would like to see Tampa, Toronto, and Seattle make it to the postseason. Oh, and the Rays are within striking distance of those dreaded Skankees in the AL East. 












--Raw tonight emanates from PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh. Kurt Angle is scheduled to appear tonight, oh it's true, it's damned true. The last couple of episodes have been somewhat chaotic, and I don't know what will happen on the go home show before Clash at the Castle in Cardiff next weekend. However, I'd like to see the return of Sasha Banks and Naomi.

That's all I have for today, I should have more later this week, Until then, be well.

CT

No comments:

Post a Comment