Monday, January 10, 2022

National Championship Monday

 Greetings everyone, and welcome to the National Championship. The rematch of the 2018 natty between Alabama and Georgia. Another circle jerk for the SEC, ugh. Georgia's favored by three, but Alabama will win, why?












Some house keeping before we begin this game. I got my wireless keyboard from eBay this evening, it should come in around two weeks. 

There's too many telecasts of this game across the ESPN family of networks, except the International feed featuring Sean O'Mac. 

I have no idea who sang the National Anthem, but I'm guessing since the game is in Indianapolis and given the matchup, it was probably either a country or a evangelical star. 😐 A wipeout cartoon? Really? Now the coin toss, a lot of beef there. Oh great an ACC crew officiating; this should be interesting. Georgia wins the toss and will defer...

Bama to win by at least ten btw...

Alabama is already moving the ball. As a Florida fan, I wish this would wind up a tie...wait WHAT??? Georgia with a strip sack and SCORE??

That ball is going forward, no celebration just yet, but it's an ACC crew so you never know

Yep, a missed offside call. Typical ACC...

Incomplete pass, right call. By the way, you can still see the Colts logo at midfield. Nice hurdle there, good for the first down.

Alabama continuing to move the football after the near disaster earlier in the drive. Nearing the red zone already.

Georgia showed blitz, but Bryce Young has escapability. Now third down, but the pass falls incomplete. Field goal upcoming...and it is good. A victory for Georgia in that they didn't allow a touchdown. 3-0 Alabama.

Dean Winter is back playing the Allstate Mayhem guy. Wait, why is Keegan Michael Kay doing a CarFax ad? I think in a later post, I'll talk about commercials that annoy the bleep out of me,

Georgia now with the ball, and quarterback Stetson Bennett is an underdog; heavily underrecruited in high school. And on the first play we can see why, a sack. Disconcerting signals, oh it's the clapping by the defensive player. Now Bennett has a case of the dropsies.

Now, a delay of game call. I think Bennett is a little nervous. Georgia fails to convert on third down, and the Bulldogs will punt.

These Taco Bell commercials are hilarious. I'm afraid that if I ever find myself on a RARE date, a bell would ring and my date would leave me to Taco Bell. That's the kind of luck I have...I better shut up, that isn't the type of energy I want to manifest. Speaking of which, you...I'll tell you later.

I didn't know that Vince Dooley was still kicking, he was Georgia head coach when I was born, and retired when I was in high school. By the way, the high school I attended in North Carolina? Their marching band played at his final game, the 1989 Gator Bowl.

A rare punt for Bama, Georgia takes over at the 25.

About the statement I was going to make, you know the one woman who said she cares deeply about me that I mentioned in an earlier post. I haven't heard from her in about a week. I'm not surprised to be honest. It feels like the last line in "Just A Gigolo:" Nobody cares for me...

Back to the game after that annoying "$29.99!!!" Spectrum wireless ad. If you live in a part of the country that does not have Spectrum, consider yourself lucky. 

Another three and out for Georgia. Bama gets the ball back. OOOHH, the defender got too close to the receiver making the fair catch. An extra fifteen yards, and something that isn't called much.

What is this "Uncharted" movie, and why should I watch this in a theater? You know, there should have been a Manning Cast of this game. 

Run for Alabama but a hard hit from Georgia, forces a third down and another incomplete pass

Georgia with their third possession of the quarter, can they move the ball for once??? Penalties are NOT helping their cause, questionable call though.

OH MY GOODNESS GEORGIA GOT A FIRST DOWN!!

THEN A DIVING CATCH ON THE DEEP SHOT!!

Now a third straight first down off the screen pass, this may get interesting after all. False start though pushes them back. On the last play of the first quarter the Bulldogs get stuffed for no gain.

End of one from Indy:
Alabama 3
Georgia 0

Start of the second now, and Georgia has a first and goal. Nothing doing on first and second down, and on third down, a quarterback run falls short. Chip shot field goal and the game is tied at three.

This Taco Bell commercial is rather lame quite frankly.

Let's see if Bryce Young can do something this drive, and as I type that they do. Deep drive down the middle but a nasty looking injury to the receiver. Now this by David Guarini and Dr. Pepper.

Jameson Williams had his knee bend awkward as he was trying to gain more yardage. He's with Alabama's trainer now. Meanwhile, third and six coming up for Bama. Throw underneath short of the first down. Williams is off to the locker room, as ALabama hits the field goal. 6-3 Alabama.

BASKETBALL UPDATE: Hornets lead Milwaukee 99-95 with under a minute to go. Now back to football.

Kickoff to Georgia and a big return, but it comes back for holding. Hate it when that happens. 

Offense does nothing and they'll punt...again.  

This blog post, much like this game, isn't cutting it. I'll see you all back on Twitter. Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment