Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Keeping It 100...

 Well, we made it. No, not the alleged monster that Grover was panicking about at the end of the Sesame Street book you may have read as a kid. We've reached a milestone in this history of this blog; 100 posts. What should I write about for this particular post? Well, I could complain about why potential love interests decide to go back to her ex, but I'm not going to do that. I could post another Top 40 flashback, but it isn't Thursday nor Friday. 










No, I think I'll take a look back at my hits and misses I may have had over the course of the past six years plus that this blog has been operating. So, I think I will. Starting with my first entry in September of 2015

I used to do this sort of thing every so often until for I guess what came out to be a lack of time to devote towards this as well as various other reasons; forgetting I actually had a blog being one of them. But I may as well try to bring this back.

 Well brought it back I did, it was slow to start, because primarily of work commitments at the time, but over time I was able to devote more time to this blog; unfortunately, my stroke in August of 2017 had much to do with it.

 Hell, I should be dead in all honesty, but the good Lord put on his best Braun Strowman (WWE Superstar, for those who don't know) and said, "I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!!" After about a week in the hospital, I came back home, my left side totally messed up. I was put on BP meds and I'm happy to say my BP is lower.

I then for some reason gave up on this blog, but in 2018 after nearly a year away, I returned, primarily motivated by a woman who I was interested in at the time. She's no longer on Twitter but since then she had a baby and as of now found love, and I wish her well. But, as I said at the time, and this still applies today, geography can be a bitch, especially when any potential love interest is in another part of the country.

Then a few months later, I had my most-viewed post to date. It was the first time I did one of those throwback Top 40 posts, and I added some personal anecdotes to it:

Tomorrow in Tampa is the annual Gasparilla Pirate Fest, or as I call it, DrunkFest 2019. It happens to fall on a significant date in Tampa history too; On January 26, 2003, hell froze over and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the Super Bowl. Yes, the Bucs actually won a Super Bowl. Which is something so unthought of it's like the Boston Red Sox reversing the curse of the Bambino and winning the World Series, or the Chicago Cubs doing the same, or me finding the love of my life...I guess I got carried away.

Since that time, Tampa has become a title town of sorts, with the Bucs winning their second Super Bowl the day before my birthday last year (by far the greatest birthday gift I've gotten), and the Lightning have won back-to-back Stanley Cup Championships. Not to mention the Rays won their second American League pennant in 2020. Now if only the Orlando Tragic could get their sh*t together...

And who could forget the time I added a cheesy local radio ad from the mid-90's in one of my posts?

Last year by far was my most prolific on here though. There were 45 posts I created in 2021 if my math is correct. I hope to create more content in 2022, health and COVID permitting. As I told someone a couple of months ago, I use this to try to put myself out there. This and Twitter. And yes, you'll probably get more rants about my family, my lack of relationships, news events, etc. So, with that said, let's turn to the current...


Making Waves From A Massive Explosion

If you happened to catch the world news over the past few days, you may have heard about the volcanic eruption in Tonga, which until now, was known for 80's pop group the Jets (they were from Minneapolis but were of Tongan descent), and that one shirtless dude from the Olympics. The Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai volcano had actually been spewing since last month and before that in 2009 and 2015. Late Saturday night (Florida time) however, the volcano practically exploded, causing a tsunami that hit places all around the Pacific rim, including California. Thankfully it wasn't as devastating as the tsunamis that hit the Indian Ocean in 2004 or the one just off Japan in 2011, but at least two people did lose their lives from the undersea eruption. The satellite footage of the eruption looked even scarier.

This makes me wonder what would happen if (God forbid) that volcano in the Canary Islands that erupted last year would have a Tonga-like explosion. Well, this article debunks the theory that a massive tsunami would hit the US east coast, but it still has been talked about for about twenty years. In fact, I heard it talked about on late-night talk radio. However, anything that is heard on late-night talk radio should be taken with a grain of salt.


What's The Word(le)?

This year so far, I have seen these graphics on Twitter that I couldn't figure out at first. Turns out to be a game called Wordle. So naturally, I looked for it on the Google Play store, and downloaded what I THOUGHT was the Wordle app. 











Turns out, lo and behold, it was the wrong Wordle; the Wordle game everyone is playing is only available on the web. So, I played it on there and lost. Stupid me...


Early Birthday/V-Day Excitement

Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching, and excitement is building already from a personal standpoint. An early Valentine's gift is En route right now to its destination, I can't say exactly where because it would spoil the surprise, but I wrote about it on Twitter today...stay tuned. Also, I have an early birthday gift to myself coming soon, maybe as soon as today. When it comes, I'll definitely have to share it with you. OH, and remember the entry where I needed a new keyboard? It came in yesterday, and I'm back typing this blog on my old laptop. Success.








Well, that's all for today, I will definitely have more to come, probably tomorrow as it will be a Thursday, and another Top 40 from the sometime in past forty years will be spotlighted. Once again, thank you so much for reading this blog, and here's to another hundred in the future.


CT 

No comments:

Post a Comment