Thursday, January 27, 2022

HO-LEE S***!!!

 Hello again everyone. I was perusing around the internet thinking about writing of Orlando possibly making a play for the Rays. Unfortunately, it's an article that's behind a paywall. Thanks for nothing, Orlando Sentinel!! Well, late tonight, I got a notification from a Facebook Group that had to do with growing up in Orlando, FL. Something I probably would have done for my entire childhood had my mother not pass away and my father not become spooked and decided to flee to NC (that and taking out life insurance, but I don't want to go there). Anyway, I had posted earlier in the day about the top of the hour sounders from WXXL and WOMX FM. The former had bell chimes that went off, the latter had a catchy jingle that I remember so fondly. 

The notification was a link for what the latter station was known as when I lived there in the early 80's. And my goodness, is it so good. They've even included snippets of old commercials and so far, at least one old WFTV report from 1981, when my mother was still living. Needless to say, I'll have to tell my old OCS friends tomorrow morning about this. As much of a nostalgia geek as I am, this is right in my wheelhouse. A blast from the past that I'll be listening to probably every day.



Now if they only had a piece on the old Edge nightclub in their defunct Orlando section...


More to come...

CT


UPDATE: They have a page devoted to the Edge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment