Monday, January 1, 2024

2024 Is Here!

 







Good morning, and Happy New Year, everyone! Your boy was going to all but sleep through the new year, until my sisters dragged me out of bed (not literally) to do a small champagne toast at midnight as Ol' Blue Eyes was singing "New York, New York" from Times Square. Then it was back to bed for me, as I tried to sleep through a reenactment of the Battle of Bakhmut going on in our neighborhood. Seriously, can folks give it a rest with these fireworks?











As it turns out, my neighborhood wasn't the only place on Earth that started the new year off with a bang, as folks in Japan had flashbacks of 2011 with a major earthquake that struck over there this morning. Thankfully, it was in the Sea of Japan unlike the Pacific Ocean, which was where that quake that triggered that devastating tsunami in 2011 was centered at. Still a disconcerting start to the new year over there. Here, we have a full plate of college football to watch today, beginning with LSU and Wisconsin in what was formerly known as the Outback Bowl at noon today. The main event starts at 5 with Bama and Michigan in the Rose Bowl followed by Texas and Washington in the Sugar Bowl.

Do I care to make any predictions for 2024? No, not really, because plans and such are subject to change. What I do know is that next month will be "lit" as the kids say nowadays (at least I think they do). Your boy turns the big 5-0 next month, and I know it's NOT going to be celebrated at some lame dinner theater off 192 in Osceola County like my 40th was. I also want to say that this year won't be like years past in the fact that I plan on going big this year, in spite of what my sisters may wish for me. They still see me as the little eight-year-old baby brother and not a 50-year-old who like to do what he wants.






Anyway, I'm glad that 2023 is outta here and the New Year is upon us. Now to eat some black-eyed peas and collard greens this afternoon, not to be superstitious or anything but after 2023, I could use all the good fortune for this year. Until later, enjoy your day.


More to Come


BonyScribe

No comments:

Post a Comment