Thursday, January 4, 2024

I Think I've Seen Everything Now (Plus Other Stuff)

 Good morning, everyone. Just as I was about to sit down to write what was on my mind this morning, I came across something my high school friend posted on Facebook. I'll just post the picture here and let y'all go over it.











This whole picture makes little sense and is why I have all but disavowed organized religion. One, cats don't choose whether or not to have an alternative lifestyle. Two, different RACES of cats?! I didn't know cats had races. They have certain breeds, but fur color doesn't necessarily mean a different breed, especially for domesticated cats. Three, THEY'RE FREAKING CATS!!! Seriously, who freaking cares if they're gay or not? The person on Craigslist that posted this is seriously overthinking this, and not in a good way. It also reminds me of an old television show from around two decades ago, "Trading Spouses," in which one rather memorable (and somewhat infamous) character who was ultra-religious, denounced participating in the show, shouting, "THIS IS NOT CHRISTIIIANNNN!!! I'M A GOD WARRIORRRR!!" Good grief what a mess that lady was.







Also, it kinda makes me wish George Carlin was still with us for more insightful commentary on this matter.


Have I had some bizarre dreams over the last couple of nights. Last night I had a dream in which the Space Shuttle was lifting off, yet something went awry with the launch and for some reason it ejected the external fuel tank over Tampa Bay and wound up landing at MacDill AFB, which makes absolutely zero sense because 1) the Space Shuttle retired from service in 2011 and 2) they usually launched and landed on the other side of the state. Another bizarre dream I had was when I for some reason was visiting my now late stepmom in Illinois, but for some reason, it was actually in Missouri, and one of the rivers was flooded, making it difficult to get around. That and I had issues with public transportation there. Another dream was where me and my late brother were rebuilding the house I used to live at in Tampa. I can't recall the exact details of every dream, but man have they been doozies.












I haven't taken a close look at the upcoming final week of the NFL regular season, but I did notice that if you're a fan of the Tampa Bay Bucs, you're in luck. Fox is carrying the Bucs-Panthers game, while CBS is carrying the Falcons-Saints game concurrently. So, if you're living in the greater Tampa area (the rest of Florida's CBS stations are getting the Jags-Titans game), you'll get to see the two games at the same time, and as Kevin Harlan once stated, "I'M CALLING BOTH GAMES!" To reiterate the importance of these games, if Tampa wins, they capture the NFC South. However, if for some reason they lose, then the winner of ATL-NO wins the division and earns the right to lose to Philadelphia (in all likelihood) in the Wild Card round. And yes, I'll make my picks on Twixxer


Well, I'm off to see what ramifications what happened in Iran yesterday could possibly happen. I have a bad feeling that things may escalate out of control around the world if we're not careful. I guess all we can do is hope for peace on Earth, if that's even possible in today's day and age. Also, personally for me the next couple of weeks are going to be critical, so wish me luck. I sometimes get butterflies in my stomach thinking of it, but I won't say much so as not to jinx it.  Anyway, have an awesome Thursday. 


BonyScribe


No comments:

Post a Comment