Saturday, December 23, 2023

Some Deep Thoughts As A New Year Approaches

 Hello, everyone. I'm sitting here at my desk in front of my new computer on this Christmas Eve eve, and I'm pondering a lot of things going on in my life right now. Next year hopefully will be awesome on a personal level; I turn 50 in February, and in a way, that kind of sets off all sorts of alarm bells. I know the last few years of drinking (albeit sporadic to begin with) are going away. I don't know how exactly I'm going to celebrate the big 5-0. I do know it definitely won't be as lame as number 40, when I was taken to some lame-ass dinner show off 192 in Kissimmee that was hijacked by the drunk, unruly daughter of lady who concocted the idea to begin with. I don't think I've told a lot of people this because 1) it's embarrassing as fudge, and 2) I kind have been a loner throughout my life so far; I tend to enjoy own company. 


Do I plan on keeping things that way, well not exactly. I have ALWAYS wanted someone to share experiences with, and being by myself tends to get old once in a while. Fortunately, I have someone on my radar. By, the way, to tie up a loose end from my last post, no I don't think I fumbled the ball so to speak, she got her gifts and really loved them. Plus, there are more on the way (as one I got is staring at me beside my computer). However, most of the same questions that have haunted me for the majority of my adult life has been creeping into my head lately. Questions such as how does she REALLY feel about me? Am I doing too much? Am I doing anything wrong? But I also am cognizant of what she brings to the table. Won't get into any details obviously, but I have to wonder about what I bring also. I do have a heart of gold, but what more can I do, and what SHOULD I do? What I'd like to do is somehow make money with wither this platform, another blog, my future YouTube channel, or otherwise. There are a lot of things I could do. I did go to broadcasting school over a decade ago. 

Since I have a new computer that doesn't overheat when I turn it on, I wonder if I can start a YouTube Channel and produce content, but what would I talk about? Plus, how can I get eyeballs on the page? Heck, I have enough difficulty getting eyeballs on this blog, or my Facebook page, or my TwiXXer page. So, my rationale is, if nobody is really hitting those pages, why try a YouTube Channel? To which I say to myself, "fuck the self-doubt creeping in and do it. You were nominated to go to West Point for years ago for Pete's sakes, why not at least try! You'll figure it out!" Hell, life begins at 50, right?

"Do or do not, there is no try." Sorry Yoda, but sometimes you have to try in order to determine ability.



This hasn't been the best of years for me or a lot of people that I know. Personally, I lost my eldest sister back in February right around my birthday, then I lost a dear cousin over the summer. A dear friend and classmate suddenly lost his life in the spring. Other people had similar losses, a Facebook friend of mine tragically lost a daughter not too long ago in an automobile crash. The woman who I was interested in a couple of years ago lost her boyfriend this year. And I haven't even touched on the plethora of celebrities that suddenly passed away this year. Too many to count, including Bob Barker and Pee-Wee Herman. 

2024 will be interesting to say the least. The presidential election comes in November, of course, and between now and then, we'll have the primaries and the conventions. What I'll be interested to see is how the lamestream media is going to cover this. Nowadays it seems like the "news networks" are playing to the lowest common intellectual denominator, and that is pretty bad. It's either too far right or too far left, and one network is tripping over the other to see who'll have the most ridiculous headline or story. All to get that almighty ad revenue baby. Will we still be witnessing the mess in the Middle East and Ukraine's valiant efforts to hold of the "evil empire" that has been trying to take their sovereignty for a decade now. Oh, and the Paris Olympics are taking place. Let's hope it goes off as planned with no shenanigans happening.

So, as we embark on a new year in about a week, I pray that all of you who are reading this blog will have good health and good fortune for the upcoming twelve months, and beyond. Good luck to everyone...


...except you, Elon Musk...


Until next year...

Bony

No comments:

Post a Comment