Wednesday, January 3, 2024

What A Wild New Year...

 Good morning, everyone. Well, the last couple of days were interesting, wasn't it? First, we had that earthquake that I briefly mentioned about yesterday in Japan, which sadly has left at least 48 dead and scores missing. Then overnight, a frightening incident occurred between an earthquake relief plane and a JAL airliner, which burst into flames. Everyone on board the airliner was safely evacuated, but five from the relief plane lost their lives. Meanwhile over in South Korea, an opposition leader was brazenly stabbed in broad daylight. Good grief, what did Asia do to incur the wrath of the Universe just two days into the new year??









JAL 516 in flames on the tarmac


Also yesterday, I saw a wild rumor on TikTok that the ball in Times Square was hit by a firework. It wasn't, someone made a lame attempt to get clicks on their page. But good grief, have we gotten to the point that now almost everything you see or hear is fake? Are we indeed living in a simulation? where is my beautiful wife? This isn't my beautiful home. Am I right, or am I wrong?










my God, what have I done?


Ahem, sorry for getting carried away for a second there. Anyway, I did see one replay of the ball drop that confirmed what I thought all along, complete with a rather strong PDA that surely left our governor (as well as many others) triggered. But like my late brother used to say, "it is what it is." Then we had the main course of New Year's, and that was the college football semifinal games. First, a thrilling Rose Bowl that saw Michigan prevail in overtime after a botched fourth and goal call from Alabama, then Washington holding on for dear life after an injury to one of their own players gave Texas some extra time to mount a potential winning touchdown drive.


So, for next Monday, we get two future conference rivals facing of for the Natty in Michigan and Washington. As much as I'd like to see Michigan win and stick it to Ohio State fans, I have to pick Washington for this one. Their starting quarterback, Michael Penix, is from Tampa, and I believe I used to work with a relative of his (either his grandfather or an uncle) at the post office back in the day. So, even though they are 4.5-point underdogs, I like the Huskies in this one. 










Also that night, we got an epic surprise in the world of WWE, as The Rock made a return to Raw, and alluded to possibly facing Roman Reigns at WrestleMania in Philly this year, which honestly should have happened last year to be honest. But Covid happened and we're still trying to recover from that. Ugh. I think some people would rather not see that happen though, at least one writer thinks that way.


Well, time to see what else has been going on, probably more brain-drain from the cable networks and not actual news that may have consequence on this November's election. Or something to that affect. I've all but given up on the news media in this nation. Anyway, have a wonderful Wednesday.


BonyScribe



No comments:

Post a Comment