Friday, December 9, 2022

Flashback and Some More Things

  Good morning, everyone, I wanted to do this week's flashback in honor of Christine McVie, who died recently. One of the founding members of Fleetwood Mac, she left on indelible mark on the music scene over the past fifty years, and she will be truly missed. 








(RIP Christine McVie)

Before I get into the flashback though, I thought I would give you an update from my last entry. I told my bartender friend the news and suffice to say she was not happy. I don't even think she knows diddly-poo about the area where I could possibly be relocated to, and that isn't a bad thing. Like they say, ignorance is bliss, especially when you're already located in an area of the country that has it all...except winter weather. So, there's one person that definitely wants me to stay put in Florida, and it may be the most important person too...you never know. Another story that could be somewhat related to me staying broke on Wednesday morning. A plastics manufacturer, Gary Plastics, could be looking to open a facility in Pasco County next year, and the location they're looking isn't too far away from where I'm located either. So, I of course spoke to eldest sister about it and, like what I mentioned in the last entry, she shot it down, saying it would be bad for the environment (her late husband was an environmental engineer). Give me a break. First if she moves, it wouldn't be of any affect to her at all. Second, living off disability isn't good enough for me, and any potential girlfriend/wife. So, I'd like to at least inquire about it. My question is, why the hell is she being so chicken shit about me wanting to improve my life situation? I don't get it myself.

Now that I got that out of the way, let's get into the flashback. As I mentioned earlier, this one is dedicated to the memory of Christine McVie, so this week's flashback so I thought I would include a chart that included one of her notable songs. I chose "Everywhere" since as of now it is featured in a Chevrolet commercial, and it just so happens that on this week thirty-five years ago today, it debuted on Radio & Records pop chart. So, without further ado, here were the top 40 songs according to Radio & Records Magazine for December 11, 1987:

40. Say You Will by Foreigner
39. I Do You by The Jets
38. Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac.
There it is for you!
37. Motortown by Kane Gang
36. The Power of Love by Laura Branigan.
Celine Dion would make this song a smash some years later.
35. Tunnel of Love by Bruce Springsteen
34. Honestly by Stryper
33. Just Like Heaven by The Cure
32. Don't Shed a Tear by Paul Carrack
31. I Live for Your Love by Natalie Cole

30. True Faith by New Order
29. The One I Love by REM
28. I Want to Be Your Man by Roger
27. That's What Love Is All About by Michael Bolton
26. Hungry Eyes by Eric Carmen.
NOT to be confused with "South Park" character Eric Cartman.
25. Crazy by Icehouse
24. (I've Had) The Time of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
23. Animal by Def Leppard
22. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man by Prince
21. Seasons Change by Exposé

20. Could've Been by Tiffany
19. There's the Girl by Heart
18. Hazy Shade of Winter by The Bangles
17. Should've Known Better by Richard Marx
16. We'll Be Together by Sting
15. Candle in the Wind by Elton John
14. Cherry Bomb by John Mellencamp
13. Dude (Looks Like a Lady) by Aerosmith.
Methinks the group was ahead of its time with this song.
12. Tell It to My Heart by Taylor Dayne
11. Need You Tonight by INXS

10. The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
  9. Catch Me I'm Falling by Pretty Poison
  8. Heaven Is a Place on Earth by Belinda Carlisle
  7. Valerie by Steve Winwood
  6. Don't You Want Me by Jody Watley
  5. Shake Your Love by Debbie Gibson
  4. Got My Mind Set on You by George Harrison
  3. So Emotional by Whitney Houston
  2. Is This Love by Whitesnake

and the number one song this week 35 years ago was...

  1. Faith by George Michael.


Something I was thinking about as I was writing this, how many artists on this list are no longer with us? I know half the artists in the Top Ten are deceased, and the lead singer of #11 is as well. Many of whom left us way too soon. Let's hope that many of the artists that are still with from this era of music stay with us for at least a few more years. 

Hope to have more for you either later today or this weekend. In the meantime, enjoy your morning.


CT

 

No comments:

Post a Comment