Sunday, December 11, 2022

A Hearty Sunday Rant

 Good morning, everyone. A couple of months back, I wrote about how your smartphone has been spamming you with these game playing ads that can help you win some coin. Well, I'm here today to call out one particular app that promises you gift cards for playing games through their app, Mistplay. Am I here to talk about this app? No. I'm here because 1) I haven't had a hearty rant in a while (in my opinion), and 2) holy cow are their ads annoying! Where do I begin? The one with the bargain basement Serena Williams telling us about the app? You've only told us what this app does a hundred thousand times already. How about the elderly gentleman telling us (the viewer) to be quiet because he doesn't want the store clerk (who happens to be the same person in different clothing) to know about the app? Or the other times you have these actors talk to themselves? Or the one Aussie dude? What's next is he going to tell us that the app will put another shrimp on the barbie for us and magically serve us a Bloomin' Onion at Outback Steak House? Give me a break. Or here's my favorite one, the ad that starts off with, "Introducing Mistplay." Uh, first off if you were an app that had just launched within the past three months, I MIGHT believe you. Instead, you're not; you've been around for at least three years. Beginning with a forgettable ad that started with some tool acting as if his head was exploding. Brutal. 

You know what they say about first impressions, right? Well, this pretty much sealed this app's fate as far as I'm concerned; I won't download the app, ever. I already have two such apps on my phone, and I can tell that one of them is pretty much a scam. This one (Rewarded Play) offers pretty much the same thing Mistplay does, except their ads aren't as annoying, and the only reason I downloaded it was because the one app I already had (JustPlay) offered a reward for downloading it and reaching a certain number of points. There's a catch though, in order to reach siad amount of points, you have to make a purchase of some sort. So in other words, you may have to lay down $5.99 to win what, $3 (at most)??? No thank you. That's a lose-lose situation, and an awful investment. Best advice? Don't even download these apps. You won't win diddly-poo, and if you think you will, you're just as delusional as a Trump supporter who thought he won the 2020 election. 

No comments:

Post a Comment