Thursday, December 1, 2022

December Is Here!

 Good day everyone, except for you Jack Edwards. Tampa Bay Lightning fans like myself have had more than their fill of that tool bad-mouthing the Bolts and their fanbase for years. Thankfully, Pat Maroon, the Lightning, and even the Carolina Hurricanes are turning his disrespectful comments into something positive. So, take that, Jack. Oh, and DON'T give CarShield a call, they'll probably deny you coverage (Maroon was a spokesperson for them).






Anyway, December is here. Thank goodness, time to put this dumpster fire of a year behind us and look forward to an incredible 2023. Hard to believe more time has passed between 9/11 and now than 9/11 from the first day I went to school in September 1980 in Orlando, but here we are. Man, I'm getting old. I have a couple of gifts for my friend coming in the next week or two as well as a visit planned, so I'm looking forward to it, provided of course my sisters don't try to get in my way. They're already affecting my breakfast routine (pffft, like I have a routine) because they've suddenly hid the Stevia (which isn't sugar, but an artificial sweetener) from me so I have nothing sweet to put in my coffee anymore. Why do they have to be so goddamned draconian? Ugh, I hate it. 

Some good news for you; yes, the United States has advanced in the World Cup by defeating Iran and getting a measure of revenge for what happened in 1998. Even better news? Iranians actually cheered for their football team's demise in the tournament. Unfortunately, that cheering did come at a cost thanks to their oppressive regime. Some more good news to come out of this tournament? Our archrivals Mexico got eliminated, so in all likelihood the US will be the only country from North America to advance to the knockout stages. Our next opponent? Netherlands, Saturday morning. 






Another thing I'll be looking forward to this weekend is Championship Saturday in college football, where UCF will try to beat Tulane in New Orleans for the second time this year, and potentially earn a spot in a New Year's Six Bowl. Another game I'm looking forward to is the ACC Championship between North Carolina (who hasn't won the conference since 1980) and perennial powerhouse Clemson. As for the other games, I hope the status quo prevails (UGa, Michigan, USC, TCU) in their respective conference title games because God forbid Alabama or Ohio State sneaks into the college playoff which means we'll hear nothing but unnecessary insufferable crowing from THOSE two fan bases.

With December arriving also means two things. Spotify wrapped has been put out, mine a healthy plethora of 80s hits and rasslin' tunes. Also, the end of "No Shave November," which I passed, and "No Nut November," which I failed; the sweet potato casserole I had for Thanksgiving had pecans in it 😉.

I haven't heard a lot of newer (post-2019) music, but I have heard a couple of songs, thanks to TikTok. "Unholy" by Sam Smith ft. Kim Petras, "I'm Good" by Bebe Rexha/David Guetta, and "Anti-Hero" by Taylor Swift. Oh, and one song I hear on TikTok all the time thanks to my friend Amy in Washington, "Big Energy" by Latto. Amy, if you read this, hey mommy.

I should have another flashback tomorrow for you all; I had been slacking lately since these short days have gotten me down and I've felt like sleeping a lot lately. Damn depression has been kicking me there, but I feel good today and I soldier on. Have a great day everyone!


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment