Sunday, December 4, 2022

Terror On the Homefront, Bowl Season, and More...

 Hello everyone. Wanted to lead of this entry with some really disturbing news from my old stomping grounds. In Moore County, North Carolina, power was cut off to about 40,000 persons throughout the entire county when two substations were shot up and "vandalized" Saturday night. Officials in Moore County don't have a suspect responsible for this act other than it was intentional, however it came just as a drag show which had been widely protested by far-right activists was happening in Southern Pines. Coincidence? I don't know, but there seems to be a lot of finger-pointing to one particular person who happened to be a part of what happened on January 6, 2021. If you would like to follow this story more closely, check out my high school friend Cheryl's Facebook page.








Earlier today, college football selected their four playoff teams as well as the other teams going to bowl games this year. Despite begging and groveling on Fox from Nick Saban, Alabama did not make the playoff. Unfortunately, Ohio State did, thanks a lot, USC. All you had to do was beat a team that freaking Florida beat this year, and you couldn't do that...TWICE. Anyway, the bowl games are as follows:

Bahamas Bowl:
Miami (OH) vs. UAB

Cure Bowl:
UTSA vs. Troy

Fenway Bowl:
Cincinnati vs. Louisville

New Mexico Bowl:
SMU vs. BYU

Jimmy Kimmel Bowl:
Washington State vs. Fresno State

Lending Tree Bowl:
Rice vs. Southern Mississippi

Las Vegas Bowl:
Florida vs. Oregon State

Frisco Bowl:
North Texas vs. Boise State

Myrtle Beach Bowl:
Marshall vs. Connecticut

Idaho Potato Bowl:
Eastern Michigan vs. San Jose State

Boca Raton Bowl:
Liberty vs. Toledo

New Orleans Bowl:
Western Kentucky vs. South Alabama

Armed Forces Bowl:
Baylor vs. Air Force

Independence Bowl:
Louisiana vs. Houston

Gasparilla Bowl:
Wake Forest vs. Missouri

Hawaii Bowl:
Middle Tennessee vs. San Diego Stare

Quick Lane Bowl:
New Mexico State vs. Bowling Green

Camellia Bowl:
Georgia Southern vs. Buffalo

First Responder Bowl:
Memphis vs. Utah State

Birmingham Bowl:
Coastal Carolina vs. East Carolina

Guaranteed Rate Bowl:
Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma State

Military Bowl:
UCF vs. Duke

Liberty Bowl:
Kansas vs. Arkansas

Holiday Bowl:
Oregon vs. North Carolina

Texas Bowl:
Texas Tech vs. Ole Miss

Pinstripe Bowl:
Syracuse vs. Minnesota

Cheez-It Bowl:
Oklahoma vs. Florida State

Alamo Bowl:
Texas vs. Washington

Duke's Mayo Bowl:
Maryland vs. NC State

Sun Bowl:
Pittsburgh vs. UCLA

Gator Bowl:
Notre Dame vs. South Carolina

Arizona Bowl:
Ohio vs. Wyoming

Orange Bowl: 
Tennessee vs. Clemson

Sugar Bowl:
Alabama vs. Kansas State

Music City Bowl:
Iowa vs. Kentucky

Reliaquest Bowl: (it will always be the Outback Bowl to me)
Mississippi State vs. Illinois

Cotton Bowl:
Tulane vs. USC

Citrus Bowl:
LSU vs. Purdue

Rose Bowl:
Penn State vs. Utah

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiesta Bowl:
TCU vs. Michigan

Peach Bowl:
Ohio State (yuck) vs. Georgia

I'll probably do a deeper dive into these games next week sometime.


Some other things before I call it a night:

Taking about four/five containers full of clothing that we no longer need to Salvation Army. Yesterday was kind of scary getting it all together, because it came out of nowhere, and sis was in one of THOSE moods, which I was exacerbated about that afternoon. We're going to have breakfast in the morning too. At least I can get out of the house for once. 

I should be getting my last two gifts for my favorite bartender this week, which I can then wrap up and deliver them too her. She told me I didn't have to do this, but outside of family I have nobody to give Christmas gifts to, so this essentially is MY Christmas. Hopefully, family doesn't get in the way as it has usually done to me in the past...

Lightning won last night in overtime, which caused me to think I was going to get pizza tonight; Papa John's has a deal where residents in the Tampa Bay area can receive 50% off online orders the day following a Lightning victory. Well, stupid me forgot to go to his laptop and go to Papa John's website. However, I had pizza anyway, since my sister (who didn't know I had originally planned on ordering Papa John's) took out a DiGiorno and cooked it instead. Hey, I got what I asked for, speak it into existence, right?

That's all for now. I hope to have more content sometime this week. Until then take care.


CT






No comments:

Post a Comment