Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Things I'm Thankful, And Not Thankful For...

 Hello, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Since the Holiday season is here at last, I'd thought I would share some things I am thankful, and not thankful for, this year. So, before everyone munches down on their turkeys later today, here's my two cents, which I don't think even covers a morsel of turkey dinner in today's economy.









First and foremost, I'm thankful to be spending another Thanksgiving on this Earth, and in fairly good health. Plus, I get to spend it with family, which is an improvement over last year since eldest sister was in the hospital. I'm thankful for the friends I have made this year, and I hope to see one of them in the coming week (with presents in tow). I'm not thankful that the friendship didn't wind up into something more, then again, I'm sort of a unicorn when it comes to relationships, apparently, I deserve someone ultra-special. I'm thankful that I live in Florida, where the temperature for Thanksgiving will be in the low 80's. I'm also, not thankful that I'm living in Florida, where we have to endure at least two more years of a facist, bum-ass governor.

I'm thankful as a wrestling fan that we have a new AEW Champion. I'm not necessarily thankful that we didn't get to see said champion tonight, and that the lead-off segment of tonight's episode of Dynamite was kind of a dud. I'm thankful that I can write on this blog, I'm not thankful that I most of the time use an eight-year-old laptop that's on its last legs and shuts downs unexpectedly every ten minutes or so. No, I can't get a top of the line one either because 1) my eldest sister is a petty witch and 2) I have to wait until Christmas to get her hand me downs. She's also a big reason why I'm still single, because in HER eyes, nobody is good enough for her and that every woman in the area wants to do nothing but take advantage of me. I hope that changes next year, unless a Christmas miracle comes along.

I'm thankful for NFL football tomorrow, and even MORE thankful that Bebe Rexha is performing. I'm also not thankful for global football tomorrow, for I dislike where the World Cup is taking place this year. I think I've only seen about fifteen minutes of this year's tournament, because my aforementioned sister was hell-bent on me climbing my somewhat crippled ass in the attic to help haul down Christmas ornaments. I swear, she ruins everything. But seriously, have you heard what officials in Qatar have gotten away with this week? First, you can't drink alcohol. Second, you can't wear certain clothing, third, you can't even say the word "love." I mean how draconian and silly is that. If I were czar of all sports, I would never allow any nation from that part of the world to ever host any major international sporting event again. Kind of reminds me of my upbringing, no fun or no sin, go to church whenever possible or pay the consequences. Geez, even nowadays, I'm not supposed to have a life; it's almost cost me certain friendships, on a side note, none of my sister's "friends" come around to visit. Gee, I wonder why?











(too bad she isn't available) 

Finally, I'm glad I was able to get this entry in tonight. I wanted to do some writing earlier this week, but just wasn't feeling it for a variety of reasons. Nothing really good happened to me over the weekend; but it felt like I was expecting something to happen. On the flip side, nothing bad happened either. Second, I my sleep schedule has been all over the place this month, and for the better part of this year. Having not one, but two heartbreaks this year has really set me back a little bit. Nonetheless, I have persevered. I really think that the entirety of this year has been one of the worst in my memory. At least since I was in the Navy. I'm hard pressed to think of a more disastrous year in my lifetime, maybe 2017, when I lost virtually everything and had a stroke on top of that; at least I survived. If not for this blog to be honest I don't know how I would have coped with this year. Maybe I should listen to "A Long December" by Counting Crows. Hope things can turn around quick if not this month, next year.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment