Thursday, December 2, 2021

December 2 TBT

 Hello everyone, and happy December. I woke up at four this morning thinking I would have something worthwhile to write about, then life happened. I'll give you the Reader's Digest Condensed version; eldest sister had been cooped up in the hospital for the better part of the last week until yesterday when she was finally released. Now me and the other sister, for the moment, have to wait on her hand and foot until her strength gets back to somewhat normal, but I personally have my doubts, sad to say. Anyway, what plans I may try to make the first half of 2022 will likely put on hold, and that is before what havoc this omicron variant may wreak on the general public this Holiday season and beyond.

I don't want to think about that for now. I just know I'm vaxxed and won't be due for a booster until late February. That said, why don't we turn the clock back to a simpler (?) time in life (if you were old enough to remember it). Today I thought I would go back to this date in 1989, when the southeastern US was about to be nailed with a sudden arctic blast that created snow flurries as far south as Miami(!), and left greater Fayetteville, NC a snowy mess (and me with a bad cold). Here were the Top 40 according to Radio and Records magazine for that week:

40. The Angel Song by Great White
39. I'll Be Good To You
by Quincy Jones, Ray Charles, & Chaka Khan
38. Fool For Your Loving
by Whitesnake
37. I Remember You
by Skid Row
36. Swing The Mood
by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers
35. Listen To Your Heart by Roxette
34. Poison by Alice Cooper
33. Get On Your Feet by Gloria Estefan
32. Two To Make It Right by Seduction
31. Free Fallin' by Tom Petty

30. The Arms Of Orion by Prince f/Sheena Easton
29. Love Song
by Tesla
28. Don't Shut Me Out
by Kevin Paige
27. Rock And A Hard Place
by The Rolling Stones
26. Downtown Train
by Rod Stewart
25. I Live By The Groove
by Paul Carrack
24. Don't Make Me Over
by Sybil
23. Everything
by Jody Watley
22. Oh Father
by Madonna
21. This One's For The Children
by New Kids On The Block

20. When The Night Comes by Joe Cocker
19. Don't Close Your Eyes
by Kix
18. Pump Up The Jam
by Technotronic f/Felly
17. The Last Worthless Evening
by Don Henley
16. Love Shack by The B-52's
15. How Am I Supposed To Live Without You?
by Michael Bolton
14. When I See You Smile
by Bad English
13. Just Like Jesse James
by Cher
12. Leave A Light On
by Belinda Carlisle
11. Just Between You And Me by Lou Gramm

10. Living In Sin by Bon Jovi
  9. Angelia by Richard Marx
  8. Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson
  7. Back To Life
by Soul II Soul
  6. Don't Know Much
by Linda Ronstadt f/Aaron Neville
  5. With Every Beat Of My Heart
by Taylor Dayne
  4. (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
by Paula Abdul
  3. Blame It On The Rain
by Milli Vanilli
  2. We Didn't Start The Fire
by Billy Joel

  ...and the number one song for this week in 1989 was

  1. Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins












I kinda wish I could go back in time to that year...on second thought, as dorky as I was, maybe not.


Until next time...


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment