Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Writer's Block/Is Anyone Listening?

 Hello once again. Hope everyone had a safe Memorial Day, and everyone has a good week ahead, except for Texas governor Greg Abbott. 

I was thinking about writing this post last week in light of the terrible school shooting in Texas that killed 19 students and two teachers, which included one of the biggest law enforcement botches known in the history of mankind. But then, I realized that 1) what I had to say was already on Twitter, whether written by myself, or retweeted and 2) whatever I did have to say would probably be ignored anyway, and 3) I likely would have said something wrong or put my foot in my mouth in some fashion, so I deleted the whole post and decided to start anew. 












The more I think about it, I'm beginning to wonder if what I say on here actually makes an impact. Or, if anything I say or do (not just on here) has any meaning whatsoever. As an example, the woman I'm currently interested in almost never replies to any FB message I send her, even though it's usually good morning, how are you, or small stuff like that. I figure if I get a response i can go onto deeper conversation with her, but I'm not sensing that. That to me says she isn't interested, and I take that as to mean I'm not doing a good enough job of putting myself, or trying to put myself out there. I mean, I could surprise someone with flowers (like on Valentine's Day), but to me it doesn't mean anything if I don't get at least some attention from it, as if to say "NOTICE ME!!"  But somehow, I hardly get noticed. And yes, my sister does play a part in keeping me fenced in, but most of the blame for not being in a relationship falls on me, and in this day and age, I don't expect anyone to help me out either. 


CT



No comments:

Post a Comment