Friday, June 10, 2022

Flashback Friday; 6/11/2004

 Hello again everyone. Hope everyone has had a great week; I know of several that had a good night last night. Hoping to go out tomorrow sometime, but I kinda look ragged since my beard is still untrimmed throughout the Lightning playoff run and I don't look my absolute best for who I would be seeing (hint, it's a hot redhead). So, I may have to put that off for a couple of weeks. It's totally worth it though...



















This week, I'm throwing it back to a year I don't believe I've done before; 2004. That year was noteworthy for a list of reasons; the United Sates were involved in not one, but two conflicts. Florida had FOUR hurricanes strike her shores that summer and fall, I was still living with my "ex." But it wasn't all bad; the Lightning won their first Stanley Cup. On a personal note, I still have the sweater I let my friend wear to Game 7.
















Anyway, without further ado, here were the top 40 songs according to Mediabase 24/7 for the week of 6/11/2004:

40. All Nite (Don't Stop) by Janet Jackson. This was one of two songs that Jackson had charted after Nipplegate (remember THAT?). Her career never was the same after that. Thanks, Justin Timberlake.

39. One Call Away by Chingy

38. Our Lives by The Calling

37. Eighth World Wonder by Kimberly Locke

36. Hotel by Cassidy f/R. Kelly

35. Turn Me On by Kevin Little

34. Where Are We Running by Lenny Kravitz

33. Echo by Trapt

32. If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys

31. I Miss You by Blink-182. I loved this song...

30. I'm Still In Love With You by Sean Paul f/Sasha

29. Extraordinary by Liz Phair if memory serves me right, ESPN used this song for their Women's Final Four coverage.

28. Confessions (Part 2) by Usher. What about Part One though??

27. You're The Only One by Maria Mena

26. Overnight Celebrity by Twista

25. Pieces Of Me by Ashlee Simpson. Ah yes, the song she infamously lip-synched her way to oblivion on "Saturday Night Live."

24. Take My Breath Away by Jessica Simpson. Yep, Ashlee's older sister tried a remake of Berlin's classic from 1986. I wasn't impressed.

23. Hole In The Head by Sugarbabes

22. Dirt Off Your Shoulder by Jay-Z

21. All Falls Down by Kanye West f/Syleena Johnson

20. Heaven by Los Lonely Boys

19. Freek-A-Leek by Petey Pablo

18. My Immortal by Evanescence

17. Dip It Low by Christina Milian

16. My Band by D-12 f/Eminem

15. Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard. Another song I thorughly enjoyed.

14. Tipsy by J-Kwon. It would be another eight years before I actually felt tipsy.

13. Scandalous by Misteeq. Whatever happened to that group? They had that one hit and dipped.

12. Hey Mama by The Black Eyed Peas. Several years ago, I would try to replace "Hey Mama" with "Obama" as in the former President. I miss that man...

11. Don't Tell Me by Avril Lavigne

10. Leave (Get Out) by JoJo

  9. Meant To Live by Switchfoot. Another lost classic tbh.

  8. Everytime by Britney Spears. I think this was right around the time things were starting to go sideways for her. I don't quite remember if this was around the time she was with Federline or not...

  7. Roses by Outkast. Paula Abdul was in the video for this song from what I remember.

  6. Yeah by Usher f/Ludacris & Lil' Jon. Bona fide banger to this very day. YEEEAAAAHH!

  5. This Love by Maroon 5

  4. I Don't Wanna Know by Mario Winans f/Enya & P. Diddy. For many years I wondered where Enya's part in this song was, until I came across it on Wikipedia a few years ago. The original ersion of Enya's track now plays on the Pandora Ambient Channel.

  3. Naughty Girl by Beyonce

  2. Let It Burn by Usher. He was everywhere in 2004.

and the number one song on this date eighteen years ago was...

  1. The Reason by Hoobastank. This needless to say was a surprise, in fact I was surprised WFLZ in Tampa even played this song on the radio.




















One last thing about 2004 in music. On January 10 of that year, the countdown show "American Top 40" would never be the same as the late Casey Kasem retired and Mr. American Idol himself, Ryan Seacrest took over. Their methodology of tabulating the top 40 songs would change too, from Mediabase 24/7 (as reported in Radio & Records Magazine to some polling done by USA Today. By that time, I was listening to more rock/alternative anyway.

Well, if I'm feeling up to it, I might have another entry tonight! So, stay tuned. Until then...



CT




No comments:

Post a Comment