Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Bah Humbug...

 Hello again, everyone, and welcome to my hell. In case you haven't read the date on the calendar, it is now February 14, 2024. Valentine's Day. A date I can say with very little uncertainty has been historically bad. Of course, I have to preface this by saying that I've been perpetually single, which isn't really a bad thing (think of all the money I didn't have to spend on candies or chocolate). Yes, I have had flowers delivered for crushes before, but nothing came of it. I think in my lifetime so far, I've had two, maybe three Valentine's Day that were good. One was back in 1988, when I was 14 and didn't know what love was to be honest. That one thankfully didn't work out. Nor did the time I sent a dozen red roses to an old schoolmate of mine. The third was when I was off from work, and I really didn't care if I was with someone or not. That was probably the best Valentine's Day for me because I wasn't looking forward to it.

Come to think of it, maybe that's the state of mind I should have had all this time instead of chasing after old flames only to get burned by the fire. One old flame fizzled because (at first) she wanted me to get better (I had just had my stroke). Then she didn't like my political stance (left of center) during the 2018 election. I haven't heard from her since. The latest one? Heck, I don't know what her issue is. I guess you could say she's snowed under. Oh well.

You know just talking about this makes me kinda sick to my stomach, so instead of celebrating today, maybe I should just go to sleep. My dreams are much better than my reality anyway. So, to all of y'all out there, bah humbug...I mean, happy Valentine's Day.








BonyScribe

No comments:

Post a Comment