Friday, April 1, 2022

April Angst, Plus Other Stuff...

 Hi everyone. I was going to title this Part 3 of the last two entries, but since the national semifinals of college basketball take place after this month expires, I improvised, hehe. 

So, Saturday, the Final Four happens with Villanova taking on Kansas in what will be the appetizer for the main event: Duke and North Carolina for the first time ever in the NCAA Tournament. As a man who spent most of childhood and teenage years in the Tar Heel state, this is almost a dream come true. The only thing that would have made it better is if they met in the Final, which almost happened in 1991, the only other year Duke AND Carolina were in the same Final Four, which happened to be the year I relocated from NC to Orlando. Now usually, I would root for North Carolina in this matchup. However, with this being Coach Mike Krzyzewski's last year of coaching basketball at Duke University (Which goes back to when I was in first grade!), I have to root for him and the Blue Devils. My disdain for the Blue Devils can resume next season.








As for the early game, well I don't really care who wins exactly BUT, a Villanova-North Carolina matchup would be extra special because of what happened in the 2017 final. Grudge matches are extra special, but the players (and in UNC's case, their head coach) are different, and for Carolina fans they're hoping for a (star player Brady) Manek Monday.

As for my preference as to who wins? Well, as I stated earlier, Duke. But here's the pecking order from most desirable outcome to least:

Duke over Kansas
Duke over Villanova
UNC over Villanova
UNC over Kansas
Kansas over North Carolina
Villanova over North Carolina
Villanova over Duke
Kansas over Duke

One other thing about the Final Four. I don't know if Dick Vitale, who is resting from his recent successful battle against cancer, but he did make his predictions on this weekend's games. From what he says, I think Duke may be in trouble Saturday night, but Coach K doesn't lose to a school twice in one year, right?











Other Stuff:


You know, I think I'll wait for the other stuff when I feel better...until later.


CT






No comments:

Post a Comment