Tuesday, April 26, 2022

An Epiphany Of Sorts....

 Hello once again. Early this morning as I lie half-asleep, I suddenly had a thought about all the complaining I've done recently on Twitter (some of it justified) about the right and Elon Musk (more on him later), and thought to myself, "you know, I'm beginning to sound like my father." This almost caused me to get up and write this entry right then and there, but I slept on it for a few more hours.

Talking about my father is kind of a sore spot for me. He wasn't much of a father to me, maybe it because when I was born, he was already 54 and he had heart surgery by the time I was three. Oh, and did I mention that my sisters were playing with a Ouija board the night I was conceived? Wonderful. My dad though, was basically a workaholic. Throughout my childhood, he was either at work or in his little alternator and starter repair shop. We took vacations up until my mother's death in 1981. Usually, to see her folks near Lumberton, NC. That was near where we moved to in 1983. But he complained about everything and anything from what I can remember. By the time I got to my teens, much of his complaints were sexual in nature. Disgusting.

I know he didn't have the best upbringing, either. He grew up during the Great Depression, and from stories I've heard, his father was even more miserable than he was. I think it led my one uncle to drink himself to an early death, but that's another story. Dad would join the Navy during World War II, while he didn't serve in D-Day or the Pacific theater, he did see some action. If memory served me correct, he was aboard the USS Normandy(?). I haven't done much research into what that ship did during the war, because quite frankly, I wanted to separate myself from that, as well as my other parts of my family's history. I kinda just wanted to be left alone growing up. Come to think of it, that's probably the reason I've had difficulty establishing and maintaining relationships. He never taught me the birds and the bees, never taught me about consent (fortunately, I learned that on my own). But he did try to take me fishing, albeit with a bamboo pole while standing on a swampy tributary of the Lumber River. He used crickets as bait. I didn't catch anything, except a turtle.

You know, I'd rather not talk about him or his history. He's been dead for 11 years now, and thankfully he ain't coming back, even if his legacy will come back to bite me every so often. And I know most of what I've done and haven't done, falls on me. Too bad we don't get a mulligan in the game of life, but I don't want to be like my father.









Now, for why I was complaining in the first place. As most of you already know, one of the planet's most notorious narcissists bought Twitter. Most followers and mutuals are up in arms about it. Some saying that the worst president in the history of the United States will magically re-appear. Heaven forbid that happens, even if he says he isn't coming back to Twitter. I doubt he'll come back thankfully, but I think we could go without the misinformation that people like Musk like to peddle. Personally, I hope Twitter stays a free website. Otherwise, I would lose most of the people I do keep in contact with.

But, in case I do leave Twitter (I doubt it) you can follow me on these sites:

TikTok: bonyscribe1
Instagram: bonyscribe
Snapchat: bonyscribe

No, I wasn't drunk for this entry. Until next time,


CT


No comments:

Post a Comment