Saturday, November 20, 2021

What a Bizarre Fri...(This Post Is All Over The Place)

 Greetings from nowhere everyone. Under any other circumstance I would probably be drunk-writing this entry, but eldest sis is up and awake for some reason, so instead of Fireball, I'm downing Snapple peach tea, and after that, Snapple apple, whoop-dee-freaking-do! Yes, I know about the bullshit verdict in the Rittenhouse case, and believe you me, I was a little hot about it. But a free double-stack (thank you, Tampa Bay Lightning) and a Frosty from Wendy's later, and I'm good again.

Friday was one weird-ass day. It started with a partial lunar eclipse (that couldn't be seen in greater Tampa Bay thanks to cloud cover), it involved me configuring my sister's mobile phone to do a video chat with her doctor (I swear newer technology kicks her in the ass), and after that had me take a trip with my middle sister to get a COVID testing kit (news by the way broke concerning COVID Friday) as well as other goods (since she still has a stomach virus), and to get the aforementioned Wendy's. Then, once I got home I took a nap. During that time, eldest sis said her test was negative, but she was afraid she did the test wrong (keep in mind she's fully vaccinated). I swear she's impossible to deal with.






-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to today. The Snapple apple did not get drunk, but the Fireball will be later on. I've spent most of today watching college football and now hockey. Really looking forward to the New York Islanders home opener at their new barn, the UBS Arena in Elmont, NY. Been a pretty stellar day as far as betting is concerned. Correctly predicted a draw between Newcastle and Brentford in English soccer, and correctly had Oklahoma covering against Iowa State. So in three days, I've won four straight games and have gone from $2 and change to almost $28. I think I'll take a break for about a couple of days. Well, since I restarted writing this post the Lightning blew a 3-1 lead to lose 5-3 to the Devils. Ugh. Guess I shouldn't have opened Pandora's Box. Oh well. 

Watching the Islanders game on my other computer while typing this on my Chromebook. I seriously need a new laptop; my main one is seven years old and with Windows 11 now out, Now is high time to get one. Plus my current laptop doesn't have the capability to hook up an external microphone. 

Holy shit, I just won a giveaway from the discord server I mentioned last week. Man, so much is happening right now, I need to take a break to catch up...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I hear that Florida and Florida State will play for the opportunity to go to a bowl game next week. Florida lost to Missouri while Florida State barely got by Boston College. The Gators may be looking for a new head coach come next week, as there could be an announcement come Monday regarding Mullen's future. Interesting to note that it seems like the Gators have mailed it in since three of their professors were embroiled in a political controversy regarding voting rights. They have lost five of seven overall, with their two wins coming against perennial SEC doormats Vanderbilt and FBS school Samford (a game in which they trailed 42-28 at one point). Meanwhile, the Seminoles have won five of their last seven (including a thriller against Miami where they converted on a long fourth down). This after an 0-4 start which included a walk-off loss against FBS Jacksonville State. I get the sense that in the tribute season for the late Bobby Bowden, they will find a way next week in Gainesville.

Just avoided a slight scare, as my other sister came in to say goodnight with my shot glass out. But I'm not drunk yet, so all is good for now. The game is over in Elmont, as the Islanders lose to Calgary Flames 5-2. Shit, where did I put my phone? Nevermind, it's behind me, maybe I am drunk. Anyway, is it just me or does anyone else finding these car insurance commercials annoying AF lately? You have GEICO and their pesky gecko (which if memory serves me correct was originally voiced by Kelsey Grammer), Jake from State Farm, and Liberty Mutual with that silly Starsky & Hutch/Turner & Hooch rip-off, plus that stupid jingle at the end. THEN there's Progressive. Gosh almighty, I don't know who's worse, Flo, Jamie, or that dude who plays the counselor to prevent potential customers from becoming their parents. Hate to break it to you boomer, but those ads aren't funny, nor do I believe they're trying to be. If anything, they're trying too damn hard. Anyway, all those characters are hella-annoying and needs to get off my television soon

Well, since Sunday is rapidly approaching, I guess I could give you my Picks for tomorrow's NFL games:

SF (-6.5) over JAX

CAR (-3.5) over WAS

GB (-1) over MIN

CLE over DET (+12.5)

BUF (-7) over IND

NO (+2.5) over PHI

NYJ (+3.5) over MIA

BAL (-5) over CHI

TEN (-10) over HOU

LV (+1.5) over CIN

KC (-2.5) over DAL

SEA (+1.5) over AZ

PIT (+5) over LAC 

again, don't take this as gospel for like I said at the start of the season, I'm not that good.

THIS JUST IN:
The Tampa Bay Rowdies are Eastern Conference Champions! This calls for more shots!

Ok, I think this train wreck of a blog post has dragged on long enough, so I'll put this thing to bed for now. I hope if anything it was entertaining as hell. Now I have to contact AstroNautiez on discord and get my situation with my Phantom wallet straightened out. I won a giveaway from them, and they sent it, but I can't access it. Maybe technology is kicking MY ass. Until next time...


CT


The party continues here:



No comments:

Post a Comment