Tuesday, November 2, 2021

A Halloween Post-Mortem

 

Greetings once again everyone, except for Henry Ruggs. Seriously, a multi-million dollar athlete not being responsible enough to call an Uber or a taxi in Las Vegas in 2021? Pathetic. Say goodbye to your NFL career, dude. 

Took a trip around Twitter this afternoon, and I have to ask, "have we entered crazytown?" I swear looking at that crowd in Dealy Plaza, you'd think that way. There looks to me more people there now than there were on November 22, 1963. Nothing about what's going down in Dallas makes any sense whatsoever, then again, nothing from January 20, 2017 to January 20, 2021 did either. 

On a related note, I hope that the good folks in Virginia did the right thing today and elected this man governor:

















My Halloween wasn't as great as I had hoped to be, unfortunately. Saturday was the day everybody of age kinda let loose, but I couldn't do that; the sisters wanted to have comfort food (grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup) for dinner. That meant there was no chance of me getting my drink on because I knew my stomach couldn't quite handle it. Especially with the after effects of having firecracker shrimp (a dish I hadn't had in over a decade) from the night before. At least the hiccups from the week before didn't come back. Sunday was bad. For starters, the Bucs lost; no further comment there. Secondly my football picks were trash, but I was due for a bad week anyway. What didn't suck about Sunday was watching the Barves come from ahead and piss away a potential World Series-clinching game. Like I had mentioned on twitter, I'm thinking that grand slam by Adam Duvall was the Barves' 28-3 moment (IYKYK). So hopefully (I can't believe I'm saying this) Houston will force a Game 7 tonight...and no, I damned sure not an Astros fan. I just want a certain narrative to live on forever. Oh, did I mention I'm an Atlanta native???











This week has started off well. Very well.



















Of course it is supposed to warmed up to the usual 80s today, but was it nice to feel that kind of cold on my shoulder. Not the cold shoulder that I usually get, some from certain schoolteachers in Orange County. 















Plus, the Lightning are on a three-game win streak, and the Magic actually won a game yesterday! OK, it was the Timberwolves, but a win is a win, and at 2-6 , they're right on pace for where I have them this season. Oh, by the way, have you seen the Magic's city edition jerseys for this season? Those are fire!! Beautiful jersey all around.

Speaking of beautiful, I give you the most beautiful girl in the world; Katie Bell.















Well, I'm off for dinner. I hope to be back here at least once before the weekend hits, but knowing me, you never know. Until next time...

CT


No comments:

Post a Comment