Saturday, September 11, 2021

Week One Picks and Re-alignment Issues.

 Remember a couple of years ago, when I talked about college football realignment and how I thought that whole process should go? Probably not. Well I bring it up because this week, the Big XII finally has XII teams again coming soon with the addition of Houston, Cincinnati, Brigham Young, and Central Florida, to counter the defection of Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC. 

This of course will create repercussions throughout college football; South Florida no longer has a main conference rival. In fact, the AAC will have to scramble to find new members like Charlotte? Army? Mars Hill? (OK, that was a joke) But how desperate will that conference be in replenishing the three missing members? They've lost three rather significant media markets. Of course there will be other effects too, including whether or not the Big XII will remain a Power Five conference. The SEC, and their soon to be 16 teams are certain. The recent alignment of the ACC, Big 10, and Pac 12 means they will ensure staying power conferences. A lot remains to be seen with this realignment, so all we can do is stay tuned.


I kinda wanted my idea to work though...


NFL Week One

Well, 2021 is off to a good start for me. I picked the Bucs to win Thursday night, but the Cowboys to cover the 8 point spread; both happened. So I'm off to a 1-0 start both straight up and ATS. No I don't plan on taking a trip to Vegas anytime soon. But I will give my picks for the rest of the games.


ATL(-3.5) over PHI

CAR(-4) over NYJ

LAC (+1) over WFT

SF over DET (+8.5)

BUF over PIT (+6.5)

SEA (-3) over IND

MIN (-3) over CIN

JAX (-3) over HOU

TEN (-3) over ARI

MIA (+3) over NE

NYG (+3) over DEN

NO (+3.5) over GB

KC over CLE (+5.5)

LAR (-7.5) over CHI

BAL (-4.0) over LV

To find out which game you're watching, 506sports has you covered. Oh, and we get a double double-header this week.


Enjoy the games everyone!


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment