Thursday, September 30, 2021

Someone Wake Up Green Day...

 ...September is coming to an end. That means the spooky month is upon us, and already Halloween-inspired television ads are inundating our programs. The "Why can't we get in the running car?" Geicoween spot I've seen already. Did you know that's a seven-year old commercial? I thought those that silly Discover Card ads that have been running lately were old; you know, the one where the woman is screaming "it's cash back match people!!!" while all her coworkers are giving her funny looks like little Chloe in that viral video about her sister going to Disneyland several years ago. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent.








Let's take a gander on how I did last weekend? Well after a somewhat sluggish start, I matched my 11-4 mark of the week before, and got the upset special right...AGAIN! You're welcome, NC State fans.




Let's see if I can up that mark for this week? Here are my picks for this week's college slate:

Tulsa over Houston
Wisconsin over Michigan
North Carolina over Duke
Pitt over Georgia Tech
Georgia over Arkansas
Notre Dame over Cincinnati
Ohio State over Rutgers
Syracuse over Florida State
UCF over Navy
SMU over USF
Florida over Kentucky 
Air Force over New Mexico
Army over Ball State
Baylor over Oklahoma State ("upset" special)
LSU over Auburn

As for the NFL, after what was another unreal week, I went 12-4 straight up (for the second straight week), but a measly 8-8 against the spread. There was another Gusgasm, and also a record-breaking field goal to win a game, although it shouldn't have happened. Also, the Giants shot themselves in the foot again, leading to another loss, and my Bucs may have been looking ahead to this Sunday night in Foxborough (then again, maybe not) in losing to the Rams.

Anyway, here's this weekend's NFL picks:

CIN (-7.5) over JAX

NO (-7.5) over NYG

KC (-7) over PHI

BUF over HOU (+16.5)

DAL (-4.5) over CAR

CLE (-2) over MIN

IND (+2) over MIA

TEN (-7) over NYJ

DET (+3) over CHI

WAS (-1.5) over ATL

LAR over ARI (+5)

SF (-3) over SEA

GB (-6.5) over PIT

BAL (pick 'em) over DEN

TB (-7) over NE

LV (+3) over LAC


To see which games you'll get to see, 506 Sports has your info. 

One bonus pick this week, Apopka over Evans in high school football. I don't normally pick high school games, but I had to pick my HS alma mater over that school in Pine Hills. 


Some other things before I go just to trigger certain schoolteachers in Orange County. Anyone who watches/follows professional wresting sports entertainment are probably wondering what on Earth they saw at the end of WWE's special event last Sunday. For those (like me) who have been following the WWF/E for years, this has to be the hokiest thing we've ever seen. As we were watching it live, we thought the same thing: 











Their next one is in Saudi, so I won't be watching for...reasons.

Someone on twitter about a month ago pondered the question who my five crushes were or who had a crush on me. First off, if anyone has a crush on me, it would be a first. Secondly, if you want to know who five of my crushes are, well I can give you five random names since I'm 47 and quite frankly am getting kinda old for this shit. 

Heather Locklear
Miley Cyrus
Lynda Carter c. 1979
she who shall not be named (told you I would trigger someone)
and since it's Halloween season, Erin Nicole Kline.

Who's she, you ask? Well she portrayed Chance the Clown at Universal Studio Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights (which I've never been to by the way).








She kind of reminds me of a bartender in the Tampa Bay area I used to be interested in but has since gotten married. Anyway, she hasn't been around for a few years now and that bums me out to be honest, because she was the most attractive clown like ever. Wait a minute, someone has a question for me?







"Why can't we just get in the running car?!"

Oh jeez...😖  


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment