Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Fuming Over Setbacks...





Hello again everyone...

If you've followed my Twitter page today, you probably know that I didn't have a very good day today. If you'd like to know why, strap in and get your popcorn ready.

About a month ago, I posted an entry about feelings I was developing over a woman in the greater Seattle area. Those of you who follow me know damned well who I'm referring to. Well, this past month, I was finally in a position where I could think about taking a trip to that general area. So, I started looking on Expedia, Travelocity, etc. to see how much a round-trip ticket would cost from Tampa to Seattle after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. It was listed at $189; that's doable! So I explored the possibility of going by checking in with my eldest sister.

Now you're probably asking yourself, "why does he need permission from his sister?" Well, after my stroke last August, I had designated her as my caretaker, which means she (and my middle sister) had to make sure that I was taking my meds, checking my blood pressure and blood sugar, etc. On top of that, my eldest sister gained control of my finances, because I had some overdue bills that had piled up since stroke. So, when I asked her, I was in no uncertain terms shut down. I was pissed. She doesn't think that I am responsible enough to take such a trip.

First of all, fuck that! I'm 44 fucking years old, not fucking 14, like she apparently thinks I have the mentality of. She didn't know about the facts that I also looked into 1) if it was okay with the other party to visit, 2) where at in the Seattle area I would potentially stay, 3) if I was going to take a bus or fly. Tampa Int'l Airport is a 50 minute drive (depending on traffic), but if I took a Greyhound, it's a short 5-mile jaunt with little traffic; a lot less stress on my sisters even if the trip would take me three or four days. Then there's the 4th factor I haven't mentioned; where I would stay. And that's before I have to deal with my disability.

This isn't the first time she has put the kibosh on something. Remember the German girl from the aforementioned post? Yeah, I still think to this day she had something to do with that. It's like Ukraine wanting to join the EU only to have the Russians step in (not accounting the political factors that are taking place in Ukraine). Another time was when I tried to move to Gainesville (around that same time, interestingly) and I had to break the lease on my apartment because she couldn't find a dogsitter. There was also that time I was actually on vacation when she wanted me to stop in my tracks to move my dad to Florida. Yeah it's my dad, but I'm on vacation. It's like I want to something to make me happy, but she doesn't want me to be unless it's on her terms.

There is a silver lining, maybe. This evening someone told me veterans groups could chaperone me to take such a trip, but knowing her, she won't allow it; she HAS to get involved in some way. Oh, and there's this: my sister says the other party could come down here. As nice as it sounds, it's 2018. You know, the age of "Me Too". Besides, I've lived in this area long enough to NOT recommend a lady I know from Twitter to come visit. But, if she wants to visit, go for it, even though I'll probably be worried sick.

Anyway, that's what had me upset today. Whether or not after the Holidays she'll have a change of tune remains to be seen, but I'm not counting. At least I'm making an effort.

CT

No comments:

Post a Comment