Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A Few Random Thoughts





Good evening, everyone. With the Lightning having a night off and with hardly anything on television to watch, I thought I might put down some random thoughts that I have.

Couple of updates first, remember my post last night? Well I found out today that the trip wasn't going to happen anyway, at least for now. Without going into explicit detail, turns out that back interest can be a pain in the ass. Hopefully, I can make the trip when the weather gets nicer when spring comes. Plus right now wasn't a good time to visit anyway.

The other update comes from my post Saturday night about songs from 2000. After posting that tweet, I played the songs that were on that chart and shared the links to twitter. On one song, I happened to post this tweet about how I dreaded playing said song. The reason being is that song is an has been used as the theme to the Schnitt Show, a conservative-leaning talk show hosted by Tampa radio personality Todd Schnitt. You'd think that as a longtime-Tampa resident I would take some sort of pride in that. Actually, the opposite is true. Long story short, Trump supporters (like Schnitt) have little to no room in my world.



Some other things, I decided to take a dip in the pool today. Why? To build up some strength in my weakened left side and because it was in the 80s here in Florida this afternoon. Tomorrow, that's supposed to change as we go from "Indian summer" to deep autumn in a hurry. But today the water felt a little different anyway. The air wasn't humid, which meant that we didn't have what I call the "swamp-ass effect" in which everything felt like you in the middle of the Everglades. And with the somewhat cooler temps, it made the water feel a bit colder. 

Which got me to thinking, that must be why when the temperature dips below 50 in Florida, it's virtually freezing. It's also why hoodie weather down here is in the 60s, as where most everywhere else, 60s is almost short sleeve weather. As a great man once said, it's not the heat (or cold), it's the stupidity. 

That also got me thinking about how Florida has a perceived lack of seasons. Actually, we do have seasons in Florida: golf season, tourism season, hurricane season, and football season. However, these seasons don't have a finite beginning or end and can run concurrently. For instance, you can have hurricane season and football season at the same time more often than not. 

Survivor Series is this Sunday, for you wrestling fans out there, and in case you have been under a rock this week, Becky Lynch had her face broken by Nia Jax on the latest episode of Raw. This means of course that she won't face Ronda Rousey on Sunday. Big disappointment for the "WWE Universe." However, we also won't get a rematch from last year's Survivor Series between Brock Lesnar...wait I have to say it like Paul Heyman does...BROCK....LESNAR!!! and AJ Styles. Why? Because (Washington state's very own) Daniel Bryan defeated Styles for the WWE Championship on
SmackDown Live last night.



I'm still waiting on a new phone to come in (mine went belly up on election night). So, I'll be limited from a mobile point of view until then, which sucks. My archaic dinosaur of a mobile (that hasn't been active since 2015) unit eats up battery power like a mofo and some apps aren't compatible (such as snapchat). Plus I don't have a cord charger; I do have a plug-in charger, meaning I have to remove the battery from the dinosaur to charge it. I can tweet and do IG (barely), but not snap. Welcome to tech's version of Jurassic Park.

I might do another flashback countdown on Friday, but I've run out of thoughts to write down. Enjoy the rest of Wednesday.

CT












No comments:

Post a Comment