Friday, November 16, 2018

BRRR...





Happy cold Friday, everyone.

In some parts of the country, we had our first taste of winter yesterday; not fall, winter. It wreaked all sorts of havoc amongst air travelers, forced some students to spend the night in school, and really was a pain in the ass for all involved, especially in New Jersey. Karma's a bitch, isn't it Gov. Christie?

If there was a saving grace about this storm, it didn't hit California, and God knows they have enough issues out there anyway with those wildfires. And of course it didn't hit Florida, because we never get those things, but it did send the temperature here in Spring Hill into the 30s, and for a Floridian, that's frigid.

The worst part to me at least, is that the Weather Channel is once again implementing their stupid policy of giving such storms a name. In this case, this storm was called Avery. You know what comes to mind when I hear that name? A basketball coach with an awesome voice (Avery Johnson), a Braves pitching legend (Steve Avery), a cartoonist (Tex Avery), and an actor/game show panelist (Avery Schreiber). Not the name of a winter storm, which officially (per the NWS) don't have names.

With that being said, I put my own spin on these names. I wanted to give them names that I would think would be more memorable and somewhat humorous at the same time. So, without further ado, here is the list of names I think TWC should use*.

Avalanche
Blyad' ( a Russian cuss word)
Cyka (pronounced SOO-ka; another Russian expletive)
Danerys (Had to throw in a "Game of Thrones" reference
Ebat (another Russian cuss word)
Frostbyte
Gritty (in honor of everyone's favorite mascot)
Hossenfeffer
Icepick
Jam (like traffic jam)
Kaepernick (let's trigger the right)
Lucifer
Margie (long story here, if you wanna know, ask me)
Neanderthal
Ohmygawsh
Pizdez (fourth Russian cuss word)
Q-Bert (remember it?)
Rustbelt
Sasquatch
Tundra (not the Toyota Tundra either)
UGotToBeShittinMe
Viacom (if you don't know "V of Doom" google it)
Waaah
X-Rated
YouBunnyWrote (a fifth Russian cuss word)
Zoloft (to fight off those winter blues)

*Really they shouldn't be using them, period.

If anything, I've at least taught you how to cuss in Russian.

Here's A Puppy Holding A Rose To Brighten Your Day:



Some other thoughts:

Have you seen the new KFC ad? The one where Col. Sanders and Mrs. Butterworth are recreating that memorable scene from "Dirty Dancing" to advertise their new chicken and waffles combo? First of all I didn't know chicken and waffles were a thing until recently (like within the past 20 years), so suffice to say I've never had it. Second, KFC?! I don't know about you, but all that grease on KFC's chicken loses any appeal I had to try them with waffles, let alone with Mrs. Butterworth syrup. If I'm Mrs. Butterworth, I'm filing divorce papers to Col. Sanders instantly.

My sister is STILL looking for a phone for me, an the way she's going about doing so is clueless. She thinks that Wi-fi usage has nothing to do with data usage on the phone and she doesn't want me to pick out my own phone and then I pay for whatever plan. It always has to be about her, and she wants to be as cheap as possible. I've always said the being cheap doesn't necessarily make you better, but it does make you cheap. I may have to go shopping with her tomorrow so I (or whatever phone provider) can explain to her the nuances of having a smart phone and how to use it. God help me...

Orlando and UCF get to host College Gameday, proving that if you cry for something long enough, you'll get it (and I'm a UCF fan). Thing is, their conference (the American) Is not among the Power 5 (ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big10, and Pac-12), so any and all exploits from their teams will go about being overlooked or flat-out ignored. UCF is hoping that tomorrow's appearance on Gameday and their subsequent game vs Cincinnati will give the school and it's conference the exposure it needs.

My entry about music of years past will be tomorrow, sister permitting. Mrs. Schroeder you were right, family can be tough. In the meantime, have a good Friday night.

CT

No comments:

Post a Comment