Wednesday, September 4, 2024

The NFL Is Here!

 Hello, gotta make this quick because I have a big day with a pretty important person later on. The 2024 NFL Season starts tonight in Kansas City, which means Taylorgeddon has returned. 😶 But before I do that, let me tell you who my season picks will be. 



I'll start with the NFC South. The Buccaneers look for an unprecedented (for them) fourth straight division title and fifth straight playoff appearance, and with a relatively easy schedule things tend to be looking good. But Atlanta made various upgrades to their defense (Matthew Judon) and signed Kirk "You like that!" Cousins at QB. Scary I know, but i think Tampa takes it barring any unforeseen circumstances. So, I'll pick Tampa Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Carolina (who I think will go 0-17). In the NFC East, there hasn't been a repeat champion in two decades, and I think that trend will continue this season. I think the Eagles get their act together and win it, followed by Dallas, Washington, and the New York Giants. The North should be intriguing as Detroit seems to be the chic Super Bowl pick from the NFC this year, but Green Bay under Jordan Love looks to be hot on their tail. Chicago hopefully has their QB of the future, and Minnesota just cannot catch a break; their rookie QB (J. J. McCarthy) is out for the season and their rookie DB Khyree Jackson tragically died in a car crash before training camp began. This season, I have Detroit in a tiebreaker over Green Bay followed by Minnesota and Chicago. In the west, the 49ers look to be strong again while the Rams look to give chase, and a new era begins in Seattle. I have San Francisco followed by the LA Rams, Arizona, and Seattle. 

Over in the AFC East, Buffalo snatched the division title from Miami in Week 18 last season. Can they dominate like they did two seasons ago? I doubt it. Miami is still Miami and maybe we'll get to see what the Jets are like with a healthy Aaron Rodgers, as for the Pats, their long-awaited up commence finally hits them, as they move on from Bill Belichick. My picks are Miami, NY Jets, Buffalo, then an oort cloud, an asteroid belt, and then New England. The North looks like a two-team battle between Baltimore and Cincinnati, with my nod going to the Ravens. Many questions lurk on the Browns and the Steelers now have Russell Wilson, and a coherent offense. I'm picking Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. In the South, many people are picking the Houston, but I have a feeling Jacksonville will rebound from their disappointing campaign last year. I'll go with Jacksonville, Houston, Indianapolis, and Tennessee. Finally, the West and the Kansas City Swifties look to get their unprecedented third straight Super Bowl crown, and I don't think they'll have much of a challenge in their division, which they've won for eight straight years. Unless Justin Herbert has an incredible season under first-year head coach Jim Harbaugh. So, I have Kansas City, the LA Chargers, Denver, and Las Vegas.

My wild cards for the NFC are Green Bay, Dallas, and Atlanta and for the AFC are Houston, NY Jets, and Cincinnati. In the NFC, I have Philadelphia over Detroit and in the AFC, I have Baltimore over Miami. In New Orleans for Super Bowl LVIX (sooner or later the NFL will do what the WWE did for Wrestlemania and drop the Roman numerals altogether) I have...


Baltimore Ravens over Philadelphia Eagles


Oh, and for tonight's game, Kansas City lost to Detroit in last year's kickoff game and won the Super Bowl. So, it's only fitting that they win this year's kickoff game against my pick to win this year's Super Bowl.

Kansas City 27
Baltimore 24

Let the games begin.


BonyScribe


No comments:

Post a Comment