Friday, September 13, 2024

NFL Week 2 Picks

(Note: I started this post on Thursday morning, but didn't complete it until the following morning)


 Hello, once again. With Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime doing their season premiere this evening, I may as well get my picks out of the way for this week. Week One was very successful for me personally, as I went 12-4 for the week, with my only misses being the Bengals (ugh), Giants (derp), Browns (what was I thinking?), and Steelers (yes!). This week, I hope to have more of the same. And as usual, 506sports has maps of what games we'll see this week.







Miami over Buffalo. Well, it was quite the interesting Sunday Tyreek Hill had, wasn't it? I'm sure everyone knows by now what happened to him before the game on Sunday entering Hard Rock Stadium, so I won't rehash it here. However, his touchdown in the third quarter in the Dolphins comeback win against Jacksonville reminded me of a very iconic call from years gone by, which could have been put to good use in this example. I would embed it here, but the NFL doesn't want bloggers sharing their content here, so the link goes to YouTube. Buffalo last week had a more epic comeback against Arizona, before Josh Allen took over. I expect a close encounter this time, with Mr. He's Got Getting Away from the Cops Speed being the difference.

(UPDATE: Buffalo won 31-10 and Tua got a concussion...again, so what do I know?)

NY Jets over Tennessee. Hey, at least Aaron Rodgers survived this season's MNF debut, despite the loss. Tennessee meanwhile had a 17-0 lead on Chicago and wound up sh*tting the bed, losing 23-17 while not giving up an offensive touchdown. Will Levis with an early candidate for meme of the season with his surrender cobra after his dimwitted interception that was returned for a pick-6:








San Francisco over Minnesota. The Niners' revenge tour got off to a rousing start on Monday, even without Christian McCaffery. Minnesota got a surprise win over Les Habitantes de East Rutherford. Maybe Sam Darnold can recover his career with the Vikings, but they're the Vikings, a franchise that can't catch a decent break.

Baltimore over Las Vegas. Ravens should have little difficulty against a squad that looked flat against the Chargers, though their fans were in midseason form. Seriously

LA Chargers over Carolina. Speaking of the fights that happened in Sofi, the Chargers look to keep pace with Kansas City against a team, and a franchise, with absolutely no fight. Hey here's a hack if you're participating in a knockout pool this season. Select whoever is playing the Panthers for every game this season except for week 9, 11, 17, and 18. Then all you need is to correctly pick whichever teams on weeks 9, 11, 17, and 18 who don't play the Panthers this season, and you should win your knockout pool.

Jacksonville over Cleveland. Jaguars let one slip away in South Florida last week, while the Browns got throttled by Dallas. It may be high time to put Jamies in at quarterback, which is something I thought would be done last week, but then again, what do I know? Jags should be able to righten the ship for their home opener.

Dallas over New Orleans

Indianapolis over Green Bay. Yes, I'm picking the Colts in an upset since Jordan Love sprained his MCL against Philly and will be out up to a couple of months.

New England over Seattle. I don't think anyone would have imagined the Patriots off to a 2-0 start, but it could very well happen after this week.

Detroit over Tampa Bay. Pains me to pick this, but after last week, questions have arisen about the Bucs secondary, which took a hit injury wise against Washington. I do love what I see from the Bucs offense, and if this turns into a shootout, Tampa may spring the upset.

Washington over NY Giants

Pittsburgh over Denver

LA Rams over Arizona

Kansas City over Cincinnati. Did you know that in Springfield, Ohio, illegal aliens there are eating pets? They're eating the dogs; they're eating the cats. Seriously though, the Queen City kitties did not get off to a promising start at home to the Patriots this week, and they play the official team of America's favorite childless cat lady.

Houston over Chicago. Until the Bears score on offensive touchdown, I refuse to believe in them.

Philadelphia over Atlanta. The Birds get their proper home opener, against the pigeons. I can't wait to see the Pigeons go into an 0-2 hole in the NFC South.


And that is your slate of games in the NFL this week. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment