Friday, March 8, 2024

Flashback: March 6, 2009

 Hello, everyone. I was going to have more content for you but as usual, my computer started acting up...again. So instead of me ranting about an old man yelling into a cloud, and a crisis actress doing some lame interpretive dance routine afterwards, so instead you get a weekly flashback. This week we're going back all of fifteen years to the year I thought I was going to move to a quieter part of Florida, and possibly meet up with a lady from Germany (it wound up being a trap anyway), 2009. I believe if memory serves me correctly that this is the latest date I've ever done a flashback on. So, here were the top 40 songs for the week of March 6, 2009, loosely based off data from Mediabase 24/7.

40. If I Were A Boy by Beyonce. Well Beyonce, in 2024 it's totally plausible that you can be a boy, if you should choose to do so...

39. Day N Nite by Kid Cudi

38. 18 Days by Saving Abel. The lesser-known follow-up to "Addicted."

37. If You See(k) Amy by Britney Spears. Radio stations rreally had to dance around the actual title of this song, for obvious reasons. 

36. Second Chance by Shinedown

35. Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson

34. Halo by Beyonce

33. Turnin' Me On by Keri Hilson f/ Lil' Wayne

32. Angels On The Moon by Thriving Ivory

31. Love Lockdown by Kanye West. Probably my favorite track from Ye.

30. Light On by David Cook

29. The Climb by Miley Cyrus. Just after "Party In the USA." It took fifteen years, but Miley finally got her Grammy. Don't worry about getting her flowers though, she said she can buy her own.

28. Candle (Sick and Tired) by White Tie Affair

27. Right Now (Na Na Na) by Akon. Another favorite of mine.

26. Gotta Be Somebody by Nickelback. I am somebody, too bad some people can't acknowledge that fact, right "Vixon"???

25. I Will Be by Leona Lewis

24. Kiss Me Thru The Phone by Soulja Boy. I wonder if the phone number that was mentioned in that song still works.

23. Crack A Bottle by Eminem/Dr. Dre/50 Cent. Until the other day, I felt like cracking a bottle upside someone's head. Not worth it though, I'll let karma work it's magic.

22. Womanizer by Britney Spears

21. How Do You Sleep? by Jesse McCartney. Quite well actually. It's the time that I sleep that's problematic.

20. Green Light by John Legend f/Andre 3000. I waited for that green light, but got thrown a sudden stop sign, then a detour. Dammit.

19. Beautiful by Akon

18. Thinking Of You by Katy Perry. Not anymore, I'm not.

17. Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf f/Lil' Wayne

16. Live Your Life by T.I. f/Rihanna

15. Untouched by The Veronicas

14. Poker Face by Lady Gaga. It wasn't until a few years ago that Gaga would admit that she let a vulgar word slip into the chorus.

13. Mad by Ne-Yo

12. I Hate This Part by The Pussycat Dolls

11. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce. In the fifteen years since this song came out, I have put two rings on two females. Neither worked out.

10. Dead And Gone by Justin Timberlake f/T.I. 

  9. You Fond Me by The Fray

  8. Right Round by Flo Rida f/Kesha

  7. Just Dance by Lady Gaga f/Colby O'Donis

  6. My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson. The aforementioned woman from Germany tried dedicating that song to me one time. It aged like warm milk.

  5. Love Story by Taylor Swift. No, I don't think she knew of Travis Kelce at the time. In fact, I don't think anyone outside of Ohio had heard of EITHER of the Kelce brothers this time fifteen years ago.

  4. Sober by P!nk. I've been sober for a month now, which means I better get to a bar next week. No, not THAT one...

  3. Heartless by Kanye West. Somewhat relatable due to recent events.

  2. Circus by Britney Spears

...and the number one song fifteen years ago this week was...

  1. Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects. Enough said...










Well, if my POS computer doesn't give me yet another blue screen of death, I hope to have more content for y'all this weekend. 

BonyScribe



No comments:

Post a Comment