Thursday, March 14, 2024

Not Doing That Again...

 Good morning. Monday, I tried to get back what I tried to set out to do a month ago in properly celebrating my 50th birthday, which was ruined by one grifter robbing me and a bartender acting all stuck up like I didn't even exist even though I've done much for her. Oh, and her worthless (now) husband being a total tool. So, I went to another establishment in the area to drown my sorrows, but wound up getting virtually punched in the stomach, then literally sick. The woman I was talking to wound up being the unintended recipient of a nice gift I got the aforementioned tender for Christmas this past year (after showing her what I got for her and explaining to her why I was drowning my sorrows). So, I guess I was chopped liver to her (tender) after all. But then after about two hours of drinking, I felt ill...REALLY ill. 

Call it Montezuma's revenge, or call it me being dumb, but I wound up hurling my sorrows into the toilet. I was so sick, that the manager of the establishment wound up calling an ambulance. I wound up getting admitted to Trinity HCA Hospital to be treated for dehydration (and thankfully not alcohol poisoning). After about four-five hours, I was released and able to go home. 

That ordeal alone was a wake-up call to me. I wound up out $90 for an ER visit (thankfully I have Aetna), and I really didn't get anything accomplished, other than almost hitting rock-bottom. Suffice to say I think after Monday, my drinking days are done and over with. I'm 50 years old for crying out loud, and I know I don't have much time left on this planet, why should I waste it on getting drunk and not able to enjoy life? Maybe it's the fact that I didn't start until I was 38, and I may have been making up for lost time, which seems to be a recurring theme for me. But this took nearly three days to fully recover from, and that's something I really can't afford to have happen going forward.

So, as of March 12, 2024, my drinking dyas are done and over with. So long, Fireball.





BonyScribe






No comments:

Post a Comment