Saturday, November 11, 2023

It's Been A Minute...

 You know, I was doing something I ought to do more often, and that's look back on posts I've written in the past, and I was thinking (albeit somewhat delusional) how fire some of those posts were (like my Bracket-Tyner-Gy post, which I totally whiffed on), and thought to  myself, "you know, you actually do have a little bit of talent, why don't you utilize it more often?" God depression is a bitch, you don't even want to talk to people who really do care about you when it takes a hold. But you know what? I'm the only one who can change that, and with yesterday being the birthday of the USMC, why not channel some energy from America's favorite gunnery sergeant and get myself off mamby-pamby land, ya jackwagons!











"Sir, yes sir!!"


We'll start off with a "how it started vs. how it's going" as far as my picks for the 2023 NFL season are concerned, since we're now at the halfway point of the year. My Super Bowl pick is currently on track to happen, as both the Eagles and Chiefs have the best records in their respective conferences. However, the similarities end there. In the AFC, I had Buffalo winning the East, but as of right now they're out of a playoff spot (Miami currently leads the East). Baltimore leads the North, although my pick (Cincinnati) is surging after five straight wins. Jacksonville leads the South and barring a major collapse (and unexpected surge by surprising Houston) should take the division. In the NFC, Detroit is doing better than expected and is leading the North, while Minnesota is a game and a half out, but currently in Wild-Card position. San Francisco is leading the West for now, owning a tiebreaker over my pic, Seattle, while New Orleans is leading the worst South. I was right about my assessment on the Bucs; they're 3-5 and trending downwards. At this point, they may as well blow it up and do a hard reset. I don't think Todd Bowles survives past this season, even if they somehow luck out and make the playoffs (which will be like last year, with a losing record if they do). Might be time to start Kyle Trask for a few games to see if he actually has some promise. At least that is what some Buc fans on X Twitter (it'll always be Twitter to me, f*** you, Elon) are saying at this rate. 


I haven't watched much news the past couple of weeks, and quite frankly, I don't think that's a bad thing. But I did notice one thing that happened this week, and that's Vivek Whatshisface putting his foot in his mouth during Wednesday night's GOP debate when he was yapping about TikTok, or more notably, who is using the app. He put his foot in his mouth by mentioning the daughter of opponent Nikki Haley. Not cool, bro. Not cool. I did hear one snippet from Chris Christie that stated that he would ban TikTok, apparently because it's a Chinese-based app that can somehow be used to spy on Americans and American interests. Let me give you my thoughts on it. I use TikTok myself, and I don't see any Chinese propaganda on there, in fact if there's any propaganda it's the same old bullshit that we've seen from the media in our country for the past decade or so, on both sides of the aisle. If you want to ban an app, why don't ban the Temu app instead? If any Chinese asset is trying to pry into our personal lives, addresses, etc., it's that one. Plus, their commercials are hella annoying, about as bad as ones for automobile insurance (looking at you, "Flo"). While we're at it, why don't we ban other things that get on my nerves, like Mistplay, the dork talking about "Atlas Earth," Jelly Roll (in fact, almost all country music; yeah, I went there), facial tats, Elon Musk, the Property Douchebros, Skyrizi commercials, and Bally Sports. Seriously, have you seen that channel lately? It's like they aren't even trying. Take issue with what I said? Well, I'm sure there are more than a few people that would like to see this blog disappear, including certain real estate agents northwest of Orlando. 


Enough ranting though, let's talk about a labor of love of mine for the past several years, and that's my points system that I use for the Billboard Hot 100 and Radio & Records charts for years past. The latest project I'm doing is combining the point totals that I have tabulated from the R&R charts along with the ones from the Billboard charts. I've done eight years on Billboard so far (1980-1987), and by the end of this year, I aim to have the entire decade of the 1980's wrapped up. I think this upcoming week, I'll do 1980 to start off with. I have noticed that there are some discrepancies between the two charts as in which songs topped the year. Maybe I can include that data in the blog, so stay tuned, it'll be coming up (like a flower).







" ...like a flowerrrr!"


Today is Veterans Day, so to all who have had the privilege to serve in Armed Forces, a very hearty thank you. This former Sailor will have his old ship on his mind this week as she is cruising towards the Middle East region, because Iranian proxies are playing a game of FAFO, and rest assured it will end very, very badly for them.








you don't want any of this, Iran.


Other than that, I'll be enjoying some free grub from Chili's and Applebee's, as well as watching Florida State hopefully beat up on Miami. So, enjoy your Saturday, and I'll be back later.


BonyScribe 

No comments:

Post a Comment