Saturday, October 14, 2023

Post-Friday the 13th/Pre-Eclipse Blog

 Hello again everyone, except for Elon Musk and Mia Khalifa (who ought to be named "Beirut Barbie"). I started this entry about two weeks ago, but thanks to depression (Hooray) I have put this off until this late Friday night. Speaking of which, nothing weird happened as it was Friday the 13th, and tomorrow around midday, we're supposed to have a solar eclipse. The last solar eclipse we had in August 2017, I was stuck in a hospital bed recovering from my stroke. I don't plan on being outside for this one either because I think the weather here in Spring Hill is supposed to be cloudy. Then again, I haven't checked the forecast for the weekend. Speaking of the weather, we had some pretty bad storms, including tornadoes earlier this week.  Fortunately, there was no damage in Spring Hill. 

Yes, I'm still doing my football picks, although last week I had to place them on X Twitter (DAMN YOU MUSKRAT, IT'LL ALWAYS BE TWITTER TO ME, YOU APARTHEID-LOVING, RUSSIAN SYMPATHIZING FREAK!!), but if you'd like to see how I did last week, click here. I picked the Thursday night game correctly for once, so this week is off to a good start. More important than that, the Bucs are wearing their creamsicle throwback jerseys against the Lions on Sunday. Makes me wish that the franchise wasn't absolute dog crap between 1982 and 1996, when they ditched the creamsicles and became the pewter pirates of today. Anyway, here's who I'm picking for this week.

BAL over TEN
ATL over WSH
SF over CLE
HOU over NO
MIA over CAR
CIN over SEA
JAX over IND
MIN over CHI
LV over NE
LAR over ARI
PHI over NYJ
DET over TB 💔
BUF over NYG
DAL over LAC

Bye; PIT
Buh-bye: GB

Some college picks as well,

Georgia over Vandy
Alabama over Arkansas
Florida State over Syracuse
Ohio State over Purdue
Michigan over Indiana

Navy over Charlotte
Florida over South Carolina
Tennessee over Texas A&M
Washington over Oregon
Florida Atlantic over South Florida (Beth Mowins is calling the game, not a good sign)

Iowa over Wisconsin
Louisville over Pitt
Auburn over LSU
USC over Notre Dame
North Carolina ove Miami

UCLA over Oregon State
Duke over NC State


My computer has been acting really bad lately. It can't go an hour without shutting down because it's overheating. I think I need to tell my sisters that I need a new computer. One that will actually allow me to connect a microphone to it so I may be able to do podcasts or YouTube videos in the future. As if anyone is going to listen/watch them anyway, but you never know. Update: it took a dirt nap again while trying to write this.

The League Championship Series in baseball is here, and it's stupid. None of the five best teams in the regular season are in it. Major League baseball, fix your shit.

I won't go into it too much here, because there are so many articles and opinions on it already, but this whole situation that was erupted in the Middle East in the past week has gotten out of hand. As a song I used to listened to asked, "whose side are you on?", my answer is I'm on the side of peace. Oh, and Mia Khalifa, shut up.

That's all I have this morning. If I feel like it, I'll have more this weekend.


More to Come (I hope)


Bony

No comments:

Post a Comment