Saturday, September 16, 2023

Ugh...Relationships. Plus Week 2 Picks

 Hello everyone. My mental and emotional health has been in the commode for the most part this week. Let's just say that over the past week someone near and dear to me has returned to her allegedly physically abusive boyfriend, much to my dismay. One, because she had broken things off with him a couple of months ago and two, I wanted to date her. For some insight on how I was pretty much feeling, click here.

At least I'm not as angry as I was back in last July, when I thought a promising relationship opportunity was snatched from me, and as it turns out, I had a right to feel that way in retrospect. Relationships can be awfully toxic, even if they are platonic. That part I learned the hard way with a former roommate of mine decades ago. Fortunately, that one bolted for what she thought was greener pastures (it wasn't), but I had another (long-term) headache to deal with that until February I couldn't quite shake myself from. Not going to name any names, but as the kids say nowadays, if you know you know. As many of you probably know, I'm still awaiting my first ever long-term relationship, and at the age of 49, I feel as if time isn't on my side...











my skeleton would be carrying a pen, not a scythe.


Anyway, including the win on Thursday night, I'm 8-9 on the young NFL season. On a related note to the above paragraphs, I just realized that my Super Bowl pick this season is douche nozzle's favorite team. FML. I guess I have to hate-like them the remainder of the year. Speaking of hate-like, can someone please put the New York Yankees out of their misery and eliminate them from postseason contention? But I digress. The main game I'll be focused on of course will be Chicago at Tampa Bay, which locally here in the Tampa market is the only game on the Fox Network this Sunday. I read a rather remarkable statistic from the TNF game that relates to the Bears; Justin Jefferson, in just a little over three seasons, has more receiving yards (5,134) than any receiver/tight end that has ever played for the Chicago Bears (Johnny Morris holds their franchise record with 5,059 yards). That's a franchise that's more than a century old, and yet in 52 games, Jefferson has passed that mark. Yes indeed, the Bears still suck. Tampa takes this one.

Elsewhere, the main early game has Kansas City going against Jacksonville, in what has to be the most anticipated home opener for the Jaguars since, well, their very first game in 1995. How amped up is AEW boss (and son of Jags owner Shad) Tony Khan is for this one? Well...







Dude, mix in some decaf.

Kansas City should exact some revenge from their upset loss to Detroit this week, which will cause Tony to rehire CM Punk, only to refire him. The Chiefs take this one.

For the rest of the early games:

GB over ATL
IND over HOU
DET over SEA
LAC over TEN
CIN over BAL
BUF over LV

The slate of late games is headlined by what should have been a tantalizing matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Jets at Jerry World. Unfortunately, you probaly know n=by now that Aaron Rodgers is done for 2023, and if things couldn't get any worse for Jet fans, they're facing the team that b*tch-slapped their crosstown in-city rival last Sunday night. Yikes. Cowboys in a rout.

As for the other late games:

SF over LAR
NYG over AZ
DEN over WSH

The Sunday night game looks rather intriguing as well, with the Patriots hosting the Dolphins. Ater last week, Tua looks like he's ready to take the AFC East by storm, as long as he doesn't get concussed along the way. Patriots should put up a good fight like last week, but Miami wins this one.

Monday night we have TWO games, New Orleans at Carolina on ESPN, and Cleveland at Pittsburgh on ABC. No word on whether Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will don the gold ABC Sports blazer for this one. 











I like the Saints and the Browns for those two games. Here's where you can find what game is playing in your location.

But WAIT, there's more! I thought I throw in some college picks while I'm typing on this early Saturday morning. By the way, is it just me or is Fox and ESPN riding Deion Sanders jock harder than Ray Hudson rides Lionel Messi's? Sheesh! He's only coached two games at Colorado guys, pump the brakes at least!

Wake Forest over ODU
LSU over Miss. State
Louisville over Indiana
Florida State over BC
Penn State over Illinois
Kansas State over Missouri
Duke over Northwestern
Alabama over South Florida (by 70)
Georgia over South Carolina
Appalachian over East Carolina
North Carolina over Minnesota (if you're watching this, I'm sorry. Beth Mowins is calling this game)
FIU over UConn
Washington over Michigan State
UCF over Villanova
Florida over Tennessee (upset special)
West Virginia over Pitt
New Mexico over NM State (my Twitter friend from NM is getting married today)
TCU over Houston
Clemson over Fla Atlantic
Colorado over Colorado State

Enjoy the football this weekend!


BS



No comments:

Post a Comment