Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Here We Freaking Go Again...Plus Other Stuff.

 Hello again everyone. Well, some things happened since we last spoke yesterday, so let me go over those things.

First, Dr. Jill Biden has COVID. Not the news that anyone wants to hear with cold/flu season right around the corner. So far, according to reports, she has only experienced mild symptoms, but according to one cardiologist, overall "it doesn't look good." The last thing we need are more mask mandates or worse yet, lockdowns.

Speaking of things that are rearing their ugly head, another hurricane is headed for the Atlantic. Tropical Depression Thirteen, which is expected to be named Lee, is off the Cabo Verde Islands and is expected to become a major hurricane by next week. From the looks of it, it appears it may curve east of the Bahamas and possibly head for the Carolinas, which just dealt with Idalia, albeit not as bad as Florida dealt with it. Hell, the Fort Myers area is still reeling from Ian last year. 










We lost yet another singer from years past on Monday night as Gary Wright passed away at the age of 80. According to his sons, he had been battling Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dementia for the last six years. That's now three musicians we've lost in a 72-hour span. I hope we don't lose any more for the remainder of 2023; someone protect Keith Richards and Ozzy Osbourne at all costs.

Since I likely won't be on my computer again until Friday, I may as well give you my thoughts on the 2023 opener of the NFL Season, as the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs host the Detroit Lions on Thursday Night. The Lions are supposedly very much improved, so much so that they are a trendy pick to win the NFC North this year. But a a famous Floridian once said, "not so fast my friend." I don't think they'll be that good; they still have the Vikings to contend with. As for the Chiefs, they are what they are--a really good football team with no weaknesses that I can see. So, I have KC taking the opener.






Like I said earlier, I don't think I'll be on here with another post until Friday. I'm getting new glasses tomorrow and I get to see Samantha 💝 on Thursday. Wish me luck. In the meantime, have a good Tuesday. 


BS

No comments:

Post a Comment