Wednesday, May 11, 2022

The Fish Are A Bitin'

 Hello again everyone. Back on here after a few weeks away from the laptop and ready to type. I've noticed something quite disturbing going on lately. No, it isn't the whole Roe vs Wade debacle that's taking place. No, it isn't Governor Ron DeSantis being a royal d*ck once again. No, it isn't the loathesome Broward County LOLCats on the verge of winning a series in the Stanley Cup Playoffs since I was in the Navy. It's the insane number of catfish that has been trying to get up with yours truly the past couple of months.








After my failed attempt to land a girlfriend a couple of months back, I have received a plethora of friend requests on Instagram. Fortunately, I set my profile to private so I can screen these requests. Most have no sense of typing in proper English (which leads me to think that they aren't who the picture describes them as, they're posing from overseas, likely south Asia). And another thing, why are they more often than not pretending to be Angie Varona? I mean come on! I don't know her, and she sure as hell doesn't know me. And what did she do (other than the obvious) to attract the attention of every catfish scammer this side of Miami??











It's not just Insta either. Some catfish have infiltrated Twitter and are doing the same thing, in my DMs. Like who are these people? Nine times out of ten I just ignore them. The one time I do, it's someone usually who isn't active on Twitter other than posting the occasional (and sometimes NSFW) thirst trap. Most of them don't seem (to me at least) very intelligent. 

Same thing on Facebook, too. One I encountered there claimed to be from Indio, CA and went by the name of "Selena Pickens." Turns out "Selena" was using a picture of a Russian supermodel, who's more than likely NOT in Indio, CA. SMDGH.


Look, here's the thing. There maybe one or two I'm kinda interested in, and that interest for now is VERY casual at best. Remember, I'm playing with the deck stacked against me so to speak because of my disability as well as other factors (cough *sister* cough). As for the one I was interested in a couple of months ago? Well, I could hope and pray that she breaks up with her bf, but the chances of that happening are slim and none, and Slim is leaving town. Do I get lonesome? Yes and no. Would I love to have a woman to do all sorts of fun things with? Absolutely. But realistically, I just don't see that happening right now, so I'll just be content with Tweeting about sports, (COME ON BOLTS!) wrestling, 80s music and hashtags, as well as some politics (yuck). If something happens, it happens...

Maybe I should inquire about getting a Boston Terrier...









Until next time


CT


Hey! Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment